Chapter 129: Endless Pain

I got up in a daze. I didn't sleep deeply in my early years, but that had changed in more recent years. I often slept so deeply now that it was difficult to wake me up. I rubbed my face and instantly went on the alert. I stood against the wall and listened to the knocking on the door.

The sound was very slight and rhythmic, which I found odd. I turned on my phone and called Bai Haotian in the next room. Our two rooms were in the shape of a seven, so she could look through her door's peephole and see who was knocking on my door. I didn't dare go over and look myself because I was afraid that someone would come in with a gun as soon as I did.

The phone rang for a long time, but Bai Haotian didn't answer. I had a bad feeling, so I looked out the window, quickly put my clothes on, and carefully climbed out of the window.

The hotel's outer wall was right outside my window. We were on the third floor, but there was a telephone pole close to the building. I hung on the edge of the window with one hand while my feet dangled below. I let go and dropped to the second-floor window right below mine. I then stepped on the sill before jumping out and kicking the telephone pole, safely landing on the edge of the first floor window.

This was a simple wall climbing technique Xiao Hua had taught me. There were six kinds of techniques, but I wasn't at the level where I could handle the different types of walls and cliffs. Otherwise, I would have climbed to the top of the building. With my current arm strength, I could only handle jumping off of something.

After landing on the ground, I re-entered the hotel. There was a computer at the front desk with split-screen monitoring. The front desk attendant was wrapped in a rotten quilt and had nodded off. I looked at the split screen monitoring, found my room, and saw a woman knocking on my door. The back of my neck went cold, because the woman's face was pressed so close to the door that she almost looked like she was lying on it. What was she doing?

This was definitely abnormal behavior. Was she drunk or was this hotel haunted?

I called Bai Haotian again, but at this time, I suddenly saw my own door open and a hand stretched out from the inside, pulling the woman in.

Fuck me, something's wrong! I grabbed the flashlight from the desk, woke up the front desk attendant, and told him that there was a thief. I pulled him up the stairs to my room, swiped the card key, immediately turned on the lights, and looked around. No one was there.

The front desk attendant still wasn't fully awake and gave me an inexplicable look before telling me to check and see if anything was missing.

I checked the room again, but there really wasn't anyone there. This hotel didn't have an elevator and there was only one set of stairs. The woman and the person who appeared in my room just now would've definitely ran into us if they wanted to go downstairs. The only way for them to avoid us was to run upstairs, but I was so fast that it was practically impossible for anyone to run up to the fourth floor before I rushed up here.

My heart was beating fast as I wondered what was going on. I knocked on Bai Haotian's door and then turned my head, only to find that the next door over was different from what I had previously remembered.

It was a stone door. Although this hotel was very shabby, there was absolutely no way that it would have a stone door.

I looked at the front desk attendant, but he didn't seem to notice the door and was giving me a blank stare. When I went up and pushed the stone door open, I saw that the room behind it was completely flooded.

I walked through the stone door, reached out to touch the water on the ground, and found that the pool was as deep as an abyss. There were two bodies floating in the depths of this pool.

I wanted to take a closer look at the bodies below, but the water in the pool suddenly leaped onto my face, becoming so sticky that I couldn't breathe. As soon as I tried to take a breath, the mucus-like substance got sucked into my lungs.

I woke up during the struggle, turned my head, and started coughing violently. A big clump of blood came out of my nose as I continued coughing. My mouth and nose were full of blood, and my lungs hurt like a bomb had gone off in them.

It was dawn. It was all just a fucking dream. I was curled up on the ground, unable to get up because of the pain. I tried to breath slowly and calmly, wanting to let my body relax so that the pain would pass. But the pain didn't pass at all.

In fact, it hurt more and more. I went to touch my phone, but couldn't type a word. I saw a message from Bai Haotian's phone that read: Someone wants the goods. What do we do next?

I couldn't speak, couldn't swipe the screen with my blood-covered hands. I couldn't do anything.

As my vision went dark, I thought to myself, I'm going to die. They were right.

Unlike before, this didn't seem like something I could overcome.