Chapter 18: The Healing Process (Part 2)

"So that's it really the entire story," She sat on the leather couch with a mug of hot cocoa in her hands even though she had changed into an oversized college sweater that she had borrowed from Alex which she had never returned.

"Wow,"

She nodded squeezing the cup tighter, suprised at how easy it was to talk to him. In some ways, he did remind her of Alex with his easy to talk to nature and his calm manner. "It's hard to take in but that's my story," She smiled again, wondering why she was becoming so happy after talking to Blake. "But I won't keep you any longer. Can we talk again tomorrow?" She politely walked him to the door, needing her own space for a tad while she took everything in.

She picked up the phone and dialed Alex's number, cringing as it went straight to his answering machine. "Hey, it's me. I just wanted to say hello and umm...I just wanted to let you know that I am doing better and I'm going to be home soon. I love you," She was tears by the time she hung up but she knew the time for crying was long past. Tears only got a person so far until they they figured out strength was what was going to get you through.

She walked back to her room and looked at her reflection in the mirror. Men would still find her a "banger" as many of the young kids would say these days as she still had the same body she had been blessed with at sixteen. She smiled weakly staring at her reflection as the person on the other side of the mirror smiled back.

" So here we are Dessie," She shrugged out of the shirt, finally seeing herself through new eyes for the first time in weeks. "You know you aren't that bad looking?" She spun around staring at her butt which Alex had said was his favorite part of her. "Maybe a little too skinny as of late but definately not  ugly at all," She would've laughed at how silly she was being later but as as now she was glad that she was able to look at herself without disgust. There were still a few bruises which were being stubborn but they were small and she wasn't bothered by them much.

   "Now if I could get rid of this quesy feeling I'd be perfect," Her stomach quelched and before she could get to the bathroom, she made a mess on the floor, throwing up everything but her internal organs.

"What the f----" She instantly began to clean up, trying to get the smell out of vomit out of the room. She retrieved a Airwick Air Freshener and set the setting for the lowest time, instantly smelling the rain scent that she loved. 

 Feeling that quesy feeling once more, she ran to the bathroom and once again, throwing up wondering why she would be feeling this way. Throughout the day, she overdosed on ginger ale and drank an entire bottle of peptol bismol but the nausea got worse.

Frantically she ran to the phone and looked into the phonebook for the nearest doctor's office, upset that she was going to be subject to a stomach bug at the point when she needed to be strong as she finally settled her demons...got rid of all the skeletons in her closet.

"Dessie girl, what are you going to do with yourself?" She asked braiding her hair into two side braids, changing off into a loose fitting plaid jersey dress and a black pair of uggs. She stared at her reflection, looking more like a sixteen year old than a woman who was past thirty. Minus the documented proof  that she was no longer a spring chicken, she would still be able to fool men for a few more years.

Grabbing her tote, she strolled casually to the doctor's office which was fifteen minutes away. It didn't help that she had had to stop twice and throw up but she made it before the small Asian nurse ushered her inside the doctor's room, informing her she would have to wear the paper dress she had always hated.

"It's cold as blazes in here," She shivered hopping off the table and looking around for the air conditioning controller to turn it down but groaned in frustration as she saw the wall mounted slot where it had been empty. Cursing under her breath, she slid back into her jersey and got back on the table before the door opened a tall caramel brother entered the room wearing a white doctor's coat.

"Ms Parker?" She snapped her eyes shut nodding so hard that her head began to hurt. When she had called to book her appointment she had been in such a rush, she had assumed that Dr.Michelle was a woman but the man before her was no woman. He was all man... temptation in a labcoat.

Barbados was proving to have too many sexy men who preyed on her being a lonely female. As soon as she got through to Alex, she would have to go back to Miami and get away from all the men who were trying to drive her crazy. Afterall, she hadn't done the nasteh in almost six weeks now and seeing men who tried to send her into the temptation pool wasn't helping.

"Dr.Michelle?" She asked behind closed lids. She heard a low chuckle and slowly opened her eyes, seeing the caramel God staring at her with a smile on his face. "I thought you were a woman, I apologize," She bit her lip nervously, sitting up after realizing how her dress had pooled around her hips.

"It is fine. You should blame my French parents for that. Now how can I help you Ms---"

"Destiny," She smiled weakly, feeling dizzy and lightheaded. Her stomach began to churn and before she could stop it, she sprinted across the room and used his wastebasket as a toilet, emptying her guts for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"I don't think I need to ask..." He then proceeded to usher her off to a nurse, who made her pee into a small cup, who drew blood and then took her into another room where there was an ultrasound machine. She tried to protest but they smooth talked her into taking the test.  "I just had a miscarriage so there is no way I could be pregnant," She puffed out a breath of frustrated air, as Dr.Michelle aka McDreamy came back and stood next to the technician who had a silly grin on her face.

"Have you been sexually active in the last few weeks?" The doctor smiled having already seen the results of both her bloodwork and her urine sample. 

"Yeah... but its impossible that I can be pregnant. I just had a bloody miscarrriage!" She was becoming more irritated as they continued to tease her.

"I am assuming you didn't use protection,"

"What does that have to do with anything?" She asked as she felt the cool gell being spread onto her stomach.

"It means that..." He pointed to the screen squeezing her hand as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Congratulations,"

She forgot about the room full of people and wept openly...

Alex slipped from Destiny's bed, dressing quickly and left her home for the third time, walking down the street, finding the house where he had been crashing since Destiny had left Miami with the door open. "You know I should call the police on you," He heard a familiar voice saying from behind him as he attempted to enter.

  "You won't. Clarise will kill you if you call the police on me," He smirked seeing the person in the light for the first time in months, giving the other man a bear hug. "I came here to talk business. How is she doing now?" He sat on the couch as Blake poured two glasses of brandy offering one to his guest.

"She's doing better. She's a strong one and there is something within her that just touches everyone, makes them want to be better," Blake smiled but the look Alex was giving him was telling him not to push it further. He coughed but managed to smile a little.

"Remember you're engaged and she's mine Blake?" Alex laughed but he felt posessive of Destiny even though she didn't know he wascloser than she thought.

Even though she didn't know that he had been watching over her every day and had been visiting her every night. He had kept her warm when the temperatures got cold and had held her while she had nightmares about the baby.

"Bro, she'll come back to you, I promise," His brother smiled at him punching his shoulder. 

"I know she will but the wait is killing me. That's why I followed her.I need her back and I need your help," 

Blake nodded. "Anything for family little brother,"

Alex smirked.

"Anything for family,"

I finally got this out. took me forever. happy new year. i don't know when i'll get the chapter out. what do you think of alex's and blake's relationship. they're brothers you know. tehee. i know you didn't see that coming