Chapter 6:Preschool Behavior

"You have two seconds to explain why I had to see my daughter on television kissing one of America's richest men, AND HER BOSS?" Mama Parker was on the phone bright and early, drilling some sense into her little girl.

"Mom, its okay I promise. Don't worry about it," She was her parent's last child which meant her parents would always worry more about her than her brothers and sisters. Even though she the stable one, at least she thought that she was.

"Mom, it's nothing really to explain. We've just spent a lot of time together in the last few years so we decided to try to see if there's anything between us," She explained as she felt strong arms around her waist.

"Did Jeremy get the bus okay?" Twice every week, some of the mothers of the younger children in the neighbourhood would take turns taking all of the kids to the bus and do the evening pickups. The community spirit was one of the reasons that she continued to live in this neighbourhood. In many ways it reminded her of her home in Jamaica, where she had grown up before moving to the city when she was nineteen.

"He did. He ran off when he saw the other kids waiting at the bottom of the drive," He whispered so that her mother couldn't hear them. True to his word, they had slept in the same bed without being intimate. It was obvious that her son had taken a shine to him and would not allow him to leave until he was on the bus.

She smiled but her mother was giving her a piece of her mind. "Is he coming down with you and my grandchild?" She asked with disguist. She bit her lip nervously, knowing that she needed a new strategy if they would make this work, so that her mother wouldn't kill him as soon as they landed in Jamaica.

"Yes mom, he's coming," Knowing that she needed privacy, he left the room leaving her to hash it out with her mom. For the next few minutes,she listened as her mother listed a million and one reasons why she didn't want a man who was on the Forbes Richest Men Under 40 list living under her roof for a week.

"Mom, he's not like that. Just relax, we'll be there tomorrow okay," She had been packing since early morning, getting most of her things packed away, but she had to wait until her son hopped off the schoolbus to finish the long task.

She disconnected the call, finding a note on the refrigerator for her from Alex.

I need you at work a.s.a.p. There is something we need to discuss.

Sighing heavily, she showered and changed, fixing her hair and applying her warpaint. She choose one of her new purchases, a fitted grey workdress which accentuated all of her womanly features. The original design had a high neckline but it did horrible things to her bustline so Justin had altered it for her, making it lower so that her girls wouldn't suffocate.

By the time that she arrived, he was pacing in his office, looking more and more like the rake that she loathed."What do you want?"She asked harshly, glaring him down from behind her wire frames.

"Is that any way to greet the man who slept in your bed all night?"He asked, his gaze on her body which as some of his male friends would say was stacked. It didn't help that she was wearing a dress he wanted to tear off her and was wearing that faint perfume that drove him crazy.

"We didn't have sex, so your point is invalid," She bit her lip knowing that if her sitter hadn't called, she would have woken in his bed, her body would have that after sex glow. And maybe...just maybe he would act less like a sex starved menopausal woman.

"I still know that you want me," He was taunting her now but it didn't seem all that funny to her, especially when the reason that she had flaked had been that she had to take her of her child. She spun on her heel leaving him alone in the office, with his suit-wearing-smug-ass-self.