Telling Him You're Pregnant Pt.2

John Shelby:
You had most defiantly felt this feeling before. Tender breasts, body aches, fatigue. You didn't want to believe it, it couldn't be true, you hadn't been trying .. well not wanted to be trying but you never know with you and John. Probably the couple with the most surprises. And by surprises I mean babies you just kept on popping them out. So far you had  6 in total between you, 4 belonged to John and Martha and now you had two together.
Katie, John jr, Mary, Frances, George and Evelyn. 

You wanted to rest your aching body but 18 month old Evelyn decided that today was not the day to do that as she was screaming her lungs out, wanting John to get her you called out his name to which you got no response. Not there. Yet again not there, you knew he had business but you hated how he made it his number one priority.

Clambering out of bed you take the infant out her cot and downstairs where you are greeted by the oldest three who are ready for school, however you still had another two to sort out yet.

A few hours later everyone was up and ready, you needed to get them out the house though, having a 4 year old, 2 and a half year old and an 18 month old is not a good combination. You made your mind up and decided to go to Polly's since she only lived a few streets away and you needed someone proper to talk to rather than talk about trains and fairies for once.

Banging against the black door, with a small child in hand and the other to in the pram you wait for Polly to answer. As soon as you hear the key in the door you sigh in relief.

"Oh dear love come on in, you look like death!"
You let the children go off in the house so you and Polly can catch up.
"So, when do you think you're due?" Polly says.
"Oh Pols I don't want to start this now, I mean I've had the symptoms but there is no way I could be I've only just had one!" You reply.
"Well I know what you and John are like and let's just say, not the most careful when it comes to that sort of thing, so I wouldn't be surprised if you are!"
"Come with me for a test, please Pol."
"Of course I will. I'll ring now"

The thought of what John would say had only just entered your mind, how would he cope with 7 kids, all his, and with the business. Is it too risky, it shouldn't be if we have survived with all of the kids so far.

As Polly walks into the room she puts her and on your abdomen.
"Boy without a doubt." She says with a massive smile on her face.
"You think so?"
"Defiantly."
"You think Johnny will be ok?"
"If he isn't I'll Chuck him in the cut myself!" Polly replies with a gentle laugh.

A week later
"Just nipping out John I'll be back in a bit."
"Where you going angel?" Wrapping his arms around your stomach as if he already knew.
"Polly wants my help with something, I won't be long. You'll be ok with the kids on your own?"
"Yeah I'll be fine they have the dogs to play with so it should be all good" he says kissing your cheek as you out your coat on.

As you enter the building all eyes are on you. The staff greet you as if you live there permanently since your always in there either having a baby or bringing one of them in for appointments.

A few minutes go by, consisting of what if conversations, staring at the clock and constantly looking at the door for the doctor to walk through and call your name. As if by magic your pulled out of the daydream and back into reality just to have it confirmed, in 7 months another Shelby child will be born.

You place the key in the door and unlock it to the sound of barks from dogs and playful screams from kids. John comes to greet you and take your coat off.
"I think we need to have a word whilst the kids are out of earshot." You say to him quietly
"Right erm ok, everything alright angel?"
John says with concern written all over his face and taking over his voice.
"Well me and Polly just went to the mother and child unit at the doctors and it turns out I'm pregnant." You say looking up at him waiting for his reply. He wraps you in his arms and spins you around.
"Another one?"
"Yes Johnny another one" you say now with a smile on your face
"Jesus Christ how many more do you think we will have?" He says excitedly
"Let's just focus on this one for now" you say chuckling