Telling Him You're Pregnant Pt.4

Today was the day,
Your childhood sweetheart came back from his business trip with his best friend Isaiah, those two were practically inseparable,
It gets to the point where they cant go a day without not being joined at the hip.

However, a few days prior your visited Finn's aunt Polly. Little did you know her "gypsy instincts" would kick in and tell you that you're now up the duff with his child. You were both so young, unmarried and had your whole life to look forward to.

3:30pm
At this time you were cleaning whatever you could to take your mind off of everything and to have it all spotless for when his lordship came back home.
"Honestly how much longer will he be?"
You thought out loud.
"And who would you be talking about?"
You heard that ever so familiar voice talk back, you turn around and give him a big hug.
"Could only be talking about the best dad to be in the world, that's who."
You quickly mention, as you're held in his arms staring up at his bright blue eyes with an innocent smile on your face, hoping he will reciprocate it.

"What?"
He drops you from his arms and you can see the cogs working in his mind, trying to wrap his head around this information.
"Finn?"
You gently mention.
He goes to take a seat on the freshly made bed that is in your tiny studio apartment.
His neck slowly winds up to meet your face which was currently full of uncertainty.
"I- erm, I need to quickly nip out I'll be right back though."
Finn speeds past you and out the door just as fast as he came back in.

7:45pm
At this point you had given up all hope, there was no chance that he would come back.
All of a sudden your phone rang, drying your eyes with a handkerchief, you go to answer.
"Hello?"
"Oh darling, I've heard what happened, why don't you pop over for a bit?"
"Alright Pol, I'll be over in a sec."

You took a short stroll to aunt Pol's house since you couldn't bare another second in the silence for much longer.
The knock of the door barely even came out as a tap. But it was enough for good old aunt Pol to hear.

"Come on in sweetheart, straight through and go and take a seat."
As she faced away to close the door, you saw that cheeky grin that ran through the Shelby bloodline.

You pulled out the chair from the dining room and started to talk Polly through everything, that was until people started appearing

Ada: 8:01pm
Arthur & Linda: 8:04pm
John & Esme: 8:05pm
Michael: 8:09pm

By this point you weren't that suspicious of anything going on since aunt Pol's house was a hun for activity all day everyday.

Uncle Charlie & Curley: 8:11pm
And Tommy & Grace: 8:15pm

Everyone was at this point dipping in and out of conversation, with every door opening and closing, with every footstep inside the building or out. Until, Isiah finally popped his head around the door giving everyone a sly thumbs up. To which he thought you never saw but, nothing gets past you.
Or so you thought.

The chatter died down and your nerves grew. It dawned on you that no-one was currently talking about business, or that anyone was here for a family emergency.

All eyes were on either you or the door that stood in front of you.
"Pol ... Pol what's going on?"
You anxiously asked her, words never left your mouth so quickly.
"I wouldn't have a clue dear."
She innocently replied back.

The door swung open and there stood Finn in all his glory. He took a few steps forward and then stopped dead in front of you. At this point polly had left her seat so you were the only one at the table.

"Now I know I ran out in you earlier but I have a very valid reason for it."
Finn spoke so carefully like you had never heard before.
"Ok..."
you sceptically said back.
"Now, many of you in here only know what my next action is going to be, however again many of you don't know the reasoning behind it."
Finn spoke out to everyone in the room.
"Just get on with it Finn-boy!"
Arthur shouted.

"Alright then ... here goes nothing"
He gently lifted the leg of his trouser up to mange to get down on one leg on the floor.
"Y/FN Y/LN will you do the honour of being my wife?"
"Yes."
New record that, right there, that one word, was now the fastest thing you had ever said.

Following your answer, a chorus of celebrations could be heard from the Shelby clan.
"Wait so what did you say the reasoning behind this was Finn-boy?"
John questioned
"Erm- well your gonna be and uncle John, Y/N is pregnant!"

This again was followed by a chorus of celebrations and hugs from the Shelby family who would have two new people joining them very soon.