Chapter 4: The greatest wealth is health.

"The family is interesting. I'm on my way there right now. I will meet my little patient for the first time actually." The cold air touched my face while I drove past a lake. "Honey, that sounds so good. I'm proud of you. Just don't forget to eat something before you go. Oh, and please talk to your father. I talked to him, and he wants to see you," the voice of my grandmother came out of my speaker. It irritated me that she began about him, especially because I just told her some great news.

"You know I don't want to talk to him. What he did... He knows what he has to do if he wants to talk to me. Time is ticking; if he doesn't do it in time, he might never hear of me again," I sighed. "Baby, I know it's hard, but you might need each other in the fu..." "No! I don't need him. He made sure of it. Don't worry about me. Just enjoy your last few days, Grandma, and please come home safe. I need to go. I arrived at work," I told her while I parked the car in the driveway. "Okay, honey, you know best. I'll talk to you soon." I hung up the phone and grabbed my bag.

I walked to the front door and rang the doorbell. A little girl opened the door slowly. She was half hiding behind the door, and behind her stood a smiling Norah. "Hi!" I smiled at the girl. "You must be Lyra." The girl nodded her head, and her cheeks blushed. "Well, nice to meet you. My name is Farah," I introduced myself while I kneeled and shook Lyra's hand. She was a cute little girl. Her hair was down, and she wore a jumpsuit. Her eyes were blue, which didn't seem common in the family because, until now, I hadn't seen any of the other family members with blue eyes. Lyra's hair was silky-looking and brown-colored.

"Come on in," Norah told me while she opened the door wider. We went with the three of us to the kitchen, where we sat at the marble black kitchen island. The kitchen was a big room connected to the living room, and yet I didn't notice it the day before. "Lyra made you a delicious smoothie, Farah. She was a little nervous to meet you but excited at the same time." Norah smiled as she patted Lyra's head. "Oh wow. Did you make smoothies, especially for me? I think I'm a very lucky girl if that's the case." I smiled at her. "I did, but I didn't know what your favorite flavor is, so I made my favorite, which is strawberry," Lyra explained a little shyly. She took three cups out of the fridge and put them on the kitchen island. "Ohh strawberry is my favorite flavor too. This definitely is my lucky day!" I laughed.

Lyra seemed to like me more and more. She looked more comfortable as time passed. It didn't seem to bother her at all that I was going to be her caretaker. Although she still had no idea what that meant. For Lyra, it was still a little unclear how I was going to be there for her if she got sick. But that was not something she seemed to be thinking about at the moment.

It was now past 6, and the three of us were getting to know each other better. I told them about how I loved to sport in the past. I had played soccer for a few years and practiced a lot of other sports. Lyra was telling how she loved to watch the moon when she couldn't sleep. It also appears that she loves to bake. Norah told me that she adores pets and that she is obsessed with a certain hottie. Which brings the three of us to our very first secret together. Even though Lyra was 5 and I and Nora were already in our twenties. It felt as if we were forming a little club of our own. Maybe it was because of the fact that we were all the only daughters of our parents, and we never had some kind of sisterhood, but this definitely felt safe.

Lyra's mood suddenly changed. "Are you okay Lyra?" I asked a little worried. "I think I'm getting sick." Lyra suddenly stated. Both Norah and I turned to look at her. She did start to look pale. "Why do you think that? What do you feel?" I asked while I put my hand on Lyra's shoulder. "I always have this annoying feeling when I get sick, and now I can feel it coming up." the little girl huffed. "Okay, let's get you to your bed because this will probably be a long night for you, babe," Norah suggested. Lyra sadly nodded. She knew that her niece was probably right. It turns out that when she gets sick, she hardly falls asleep because she's in pain. And when she actually falls asleep, it's most likely because she is exhausted from the long night.