2 Your Name

CHAPTER 1: YOUR NAME

I glanced at my wristwatch and sighed, it has been almost an hour. I wonder what's keeping him late.

I looked around and saw an auburn haired girl heading straight towards me. She has the silliest smile on her face. No, the most innocent of smiles, really.

I had to call on all the angels to stop myself from returning her smile. She always had that effect on me.

I wondered how it could be. That ten years of being apart, and yet I was there again. Just falling for her all over again.

But maybe I never stopped. No, who am I kidding? I know for certain, I never, even in one millisecond, fallen out of love with her.

"Hey chubby, what are you doing here?", I asked her with all the dismay I can try to muster.

I watched her face fell and her shoulders shrugged. "Hi, Rin. Ayato can't make it. So, I volunteered."

She still smiled though I can tell my words hurt her. She has such kindness in her that she can still smile despite my attitude towards her.

I never wanted to hurt her. But I'm like this. I was like this. I still am.

I'm cold with everyone wasn't I? My father's protégé, the heir to my father's business empire.

I was trained not to feel any emotions. But I was never so harsh. To an outsider, my anger or extreme dislike seems to be reserved only for her.

Since childhood, I have always been waiting for a chance... just a chance to love her... to take care of her...

But Ayato has always been the one she clung to. They were best friends even when I was his.

So I had no choice but to embrace my role. As that person whom she can never love.

I wore that mask perfectly everyday for twenty years. With utmost indifference towards her. The one woman I can never have (Your Name).