one: the first day

Autumn was extremely nervous for her first day as Arthur Weasley's caregiver. Her nervousness, however, had nothing to do with her abilities or her faith in said abilities- but rather the fact that he was Arthur Weasley: Head of the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Department Extraordinaire at the Ministry, and the fact that he was the Weasley twins father.

During her time at Hogwarts, Autumn had never had a relationship with any of the Weasley children, despite being in Fred and George's year, yet she still knew of their childish reputations and the fierce protectiveness they held for their family.

Fred and George Weasley were deemed by those who knew them as caring men- friendly, warm, and loving. Some may even go as far as to say flirty. They made you feel like their best friend, even if you had only just met. However, they were also extremely protective, stubborn, and hot-headed.

They were not easy men to cross but if they felt you wronged them, or their family- well let's just say the fiery depths of hell would be a timid beach day compared to the consequences of falling out of their good graces.

She had already met Molly and Arthur Weasley multiple times during the interview process, and she knew it was unlikely to see any of their children lurking around the Burrow on a consistent basis since they were all grown adults now, but still, the thought made her nervous.

Little did she know that Fred Weasley was currently in his childhood home, harassing his mother over the new addition to their household, while the rest of his siblings lounged in the living room.

"Fred, I am not talking about this anymore," Molly said, cheeks growing red with annoyance as she hurriedly tidied up the remaining breakfast dishes.

"Mum, this is ridiculous! Why are you hiring someone to take care of Dad when he has you?" He asked, trailing behind his mother like a lost puppy.

A scoff escaped her lips, "Be careful of the next words that come out of your mouth."

"I just mean that he has you, and all of his children to take care of him. We don't need a stranger coming in and-"

"Fredrick," She stopped, pinching the bridge of her nose as a frustrated sigh left her lips, "all of his children, you included, work full times jobs."

"Actually, George and I have worked that out. I'm moving back home and I'm cutting back my hours at the shop so I can be here and help Dad," He said with a smirk, obviously proud of himself for coming up with such a genius plan.

Molly gasped, clutching her chest, "Fred Weasley, you are not leaving your brother alone to run the shop you both own!"

He rolled his eyes- clearly unaffected by her theatrics, "I'm not leaving him. I'm still going to be working there 2-3 times a week, and on the days where I'm here, I'll be taking over the business side of the shop and handling paperwork and such."

"But you're moving out," She narrowed her eyes as she wiped down the counters one final time.

"Just until Dad gets better," He said with a soft smile.

"Honey," She dropped her rag and looked up at him with soft eyes full of sadness, "he isn't going to get better. As much as you lot view me as Wonder Woman, I am not. I can't cure him- no one can- and as the days drag on I find myself being unable to help his pain subside. I need a professional's help. I love you for your selfless offer, but our decision is final."

It was Fred's turn to let out a long sigh as he crossed his arms over his chest, "Fine, but our decision is also final. I'm still moving back home for the time being and cutting my hours back at the shop. It's what George and I both want."