two: potions and storage

Autumn made her way down the rickety stairs of the Burrow, eyeing the countless picture frames that littered the walls.

Their house was so warm and comforting, making any inhabitant feel as if it was their own home so much so that as she gazed the walls she half expected to see herself up there.

As she landed on the final stair, she made her way to the kitchen.

"Arthur is all good for now," she said, sitting herself down on a wooden stool as Molly iced some cookies from across the island.

A soft chuckle left her lips as her hands worked the piping bag. "He kicked you out that fast, did he?"

Autumn nodded while a giggle of her own filled the air. "Said he was eager to read his book since the kids kept "badgering" him all weekend," she explained, using air quotes to emphasize her patient's dramatics.

Molly shook her head, her smile never leaving her lips as a silence blanketed them.

The caregiver began fiddling with her fingers, a nervous habit she picked up somewhere around of the age 6. Although she had been a caregiver now for multiple years, and each job was relatively the same, she still felt guilty when there was downtime with nothing for her to do.

She was the kind of person who felt as though they should always be doing something to make themselves useful, especially when on the clock.

"Have I gone over the potions with you?" She spoke up, making her way over to the small mini-fridge that was sat on top of one of the counters.

"Yes, dear, many times," The mother of 7 responded, never ceasing with her cookie decorating, "but you can tell me again if it would make you feel better. I know you don't like sitting around doing nothing."

A nervous sound left the girl's throat- something between a laugh and a scoff. She tucked her hair behind her ears and opened the fridge before her ramble began, "Right, well the green potions are for any pain he may experience- specifically chest pain that doesn't subside after 3 minutes."

She looked around for parchment and a quill, figuring it would be best to write it down in case she wasn't here.

Molly took note of the girl's silence and turned around to find her with furrowed brows. As if reading her mind, Molly had accio-ed some parchment and a pre-inked quill for the caregiver to use.

Autumn muttered a 'thank you' with a shy smile as she jotted down her previously stated instructions before continuing. "The blue potions are for any difficulty breathing, the pink potion is for any coughing fits, and the orange potion is for any nausea. All of these can be taken within the same time period but cannot be taken more than once every 4-6 hours."

She finished her writing, ripping the remaining blank section of parchment off and titling it Potions Needed. She placed both on the mini-fridge with magnets before returning to her seat.

Molly had finished with her cookies and offered her one. "Excellent, thank you, dear."

"Of course," Autumn responded, taking a bite of the buttery pastry.

A loud crack was heard and shortly after, footsteps could be heard echoing throughout the living room as they made their way into the kitchen.

Autumn looked over with wide eyes to be met by Fred Weasley's paralyzing glare.

"Why is she just sitting there?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest as he made his way over to his mum.

A violent blush graced the girl's cheeks as embarrassment washed over her.