The Caregiver

THE CAREGIVER:

"I was so used to being needed that I confused it for being wanted."

( EXTENDED SUMMARY )

Life is suffering. It is hard. The world is cursed. But still, you find reasons to keep living.

Arthur Weasley, Head of the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Department, was diagnosed with mesothelioma, a cancer that affects the lining of the lungs, a few years after the war. When he is forced into retirement due to his declining health, the Ministry takes it upon themselves to hire him a caregiver.

When AUTUMN ROGERS is introduced to the chaotic world of the Weasleys, she expects rarely to see the ginger-haired children at all ― if ever. However, the caregiver is soon met with a chilly reception from FRED WEASLEY, the boy who she admired in her days at Hogwarts, and is quick to realize that their close quarters do nothing to warm his perpetual winter towards her. Yet, their paths continue to cross in ways that force them to see each other in a different light.

Fred and Autumn soon come to realize that when the universe takes away, it has more waiting to take its place.

❝I HAD BEEN PERFECTLY WILLING TO BRAND HIM AS DIFFICULT AND UNAPPROACHABLE AND HAVE NOTHING MORE TO DO WITH HIM

TWO WORDS FROM HIM, AND I HAD SEEN MY POUTING APATHY CHANGE INTO I'LL PLAY ANYTHING FOR YOU TILL YOU ASK ME TO STOP, TILL IT'S TIME FOR LUNCH, TILL THE SKIN ON MY FINGERS WEARS OFF LAYER AFTER LAYER, BECAUSE I LIKE DOING THINGS FOR YOU, WILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU, JUST SAY THE WORD, I LIKED YOU FROM DAY ONE,

AND EVEN WHEN YOU'LL RETURN ICE FOR MY RENEWED OFFERS OF FRIENDSHIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET THAT THIS CONVERSATION OCCURRED BETWEEN US AND THAT THERE ARE EASY WAYS TO BRING BACK SUMMER IN THE SNOWSTORM.❞