19 - Teamwork

Sending letters via loftwing, Zelda and the Zora King agreed to begin a collaborative project where the both communities would build a new water supply for the town. Having evolved to survive the wet environments, the Goddess felt nobody else would be more fitting for building a reservoir.

Taking into account that to build such a vast waterflow system would take months by hand, Zelda asked someone who she thought would be best suited for making the job as efficient as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------

Groose looked down at the villagers below as he stood atop a vast, cone-shaped object, standing at a couple storeys high. An enormous white sheet covered the invention, sparking the curiosity of everyone. 

The red-head proudly placed his hands on his hips; the corners of his mouth tugged into a smug grin.
"Alright, everyone! It is finally time for me to show ya Groose's next big invention! Prepare to be amazed as I show ya..."
The boy dug his fingers into the white fabric, and ripped it out of the way. The sheet gracefully fell to the ground, revealing the invention in it's full glory.
"The Groosenator 2!"

Link, who was standing beside Zelda, subtly whispered to her.
"...Why does everything he invent have to have his name in it?"
The girl glared at him playfully and gave him a nudge with her elbow.
"Oh, shut up and just let him have his moment. He's going to be a great help, after all."

The Groosenator 2 was completely different to its catapulting predecessor. At the front was a giant screw-shaped head, followed by a large body for the cogs and cables, and then at the end, a platform with a large rotating handle that controlled the front of the machine.
Groose hopped down from the top of it to the controls department.
"I can see that ya are all amazed by my new mechanical tool. Well, prepare to be even more amazed as I show ya it IN ACTION!"

The boy grabbed the large handle with both his hands, and with all his might, he forced the stiff handle to begin to move clockwise. The crowd gasped in amazement as the giant screw of the machine began to rotate. As Groose's handle began to build momentum, the drill began to spin faster.
Over the creaks and clunks of the machine, the boy continued explaining, shouting over it.
"As ya can see, this handle powers the drill."
He continued demonstrating for a few moments longer, letting the admiration of his friends fluff up his already large ego. Letting go of the handle, the machine soon slowed to a halt. He explained the other features, such as the levers that make it go forward and backwards, and how to steer.
"As of today, this bad boy will go into the ground, and build us the start of our new waterway!"

Everyone began cheering and chatting among themselves, complimenting Groose's handiwork. The boy jumped down from The Groosenator 2 and walked over to Zelda with with a proud skip in his step.
"Groose! I really need to thank you again!" The Goddess exclaimed. "This is amazing! We'll be getting things up and running in no time!"

The red-head proudly held his head up high, and crossed his arms.
"Well, thank ya! I'm glad I could put my impressive skills to use."
Resisting the strong urges to eye roll at his gloating, Link forced a smile and praised his work as well.

----------------------------------------------------------

Later that morning, the young boys finished preparing for their departure. With the help of Zelda's map, the plan was that they were going to drill directly northeast, and meet the Zora at their reservoir, a short walk away from the domain.

Link and Zelda decided to say goodbye in private, standing a little away from the others.
"Are you sure you're going to be alright?" Asked the hero. It wasn't the first time he had asked either. The idea of all the boys leaving her and the other villagers behind terrified him. Ever since Zelda proposed the idea, he stuck to her like glue; constantly nagging about how unsafe of it was, how lonely and quiet it could be...etc.