1 - A New Destiny

"What about you, Link? What will you do now?"

Link's eyes lit up with excitement.
"Well, I wouldn't mind joining you!"

Atop the Goddess statue, the pair looked out across the vast, untouched world around them. There was something about it that made the idea of living there so appealing. Perhaps it was the plethora of luscious foliage that trailed off into the horizon, or the large, mossy mountains that framed the view as though it was a painting. Perhaps it was the sweet smell of the flowers the world had to offer, or for the hero, perhaps...it was a certain someone.

----------------------------------------------------------

Upon returning back to Skyloft, it didn't take long for many others to hop onto the idea of moving. Some decided to stay, such as Bertie and his wife, who had decided to focus on their growing family. Kukiel's mother, for her daughter being so young, felt it would be safer for her to reside in the skies for a bit longer. Many of the older residents, such as the mature knights and instructors were more than content with their peaceful lives above.

Most of Skylofts youths, such as many students of the Knights Academy, were most keen on the idea. Orielle, her older brother Parrow, Peatrice, some of the mothers and more were to take part in this life-changing experience. After a town meeting with Gaepora, it had been announced that everyone who wished to embark would leave the following morning.

With their adventure finally over, Zelda and her friends started to make up for time they had once lost. The entire academy building was booming with the sounds of laughter once again, and perhaps, for the last time. Instructor Owlan and Instructor Horwell were overjoyed to see everyone all together once again.

Very last minute, it was planned for everyone to enjoy themselves with a little get-together held on the plaza, to celebrate the return of their lovely Zelda, and to formally acknowledge the heroic duties Link and Groose had carried out along the way.

By the time the sun had set behind the clouds, strings of bulbed lights were hung around the perimeter, which illuminated the plaza with an ambient, yellow glow. A vast abundance of delicious cakes, pastries and other snacks filled the pop-up tables. Surprisingly, some of the residents were rather musically talented, and took turns to play uplifting melodies that filled the night air. Whether she liked it or not, Zelda was the centre of attention; there wasn't one person who she hadn't spoken to that night. Everyone fussed over her well-being, and showered her in endless affection.
A few hours into the party, the excitement of her return had died down, and Zelda was finally able to relax. She decided to go over to her best friend Karane, who was well overdue for a catch-up.

The red-head pulled her into a brief, tight hug.
"It's so good to have you back, Zelda." She said with a smile. The latter returned the expression, giving her a firm squeeze back.

"Thank you." She sighed. "It's so good to be back!"

Sitting at one of the circular tables in the corner, the girls were chatting away just like old times. It had been a while since Zelda had been able to just let herself go- to just, talk about nonsense. It was refreshing.

"Oh!" Karane's eyes lit up. "I have some news to tell you!"
Zelda raised her eyebrows. "Oh?"

The girl looked over to Pipit, who was talking with his fellow male students. She gestured for him to come over, and he followed suit.

"I've been meaning to tell you..." Karane said slowly, as she linked arms with the boy. "We're dating!"

Pipit gave a bashful smirk, while the red-head beamed a huge smile. The Goddess' eyes widened in surprise.
"Oh my, I'm happy for you!"