part five.

8:54pm

I waited for him to call, to text, from the minute I walked through the door. Though, of course, I immediately told Elle and Alissa about everything. I didn't think I was that type of person, but I was just so overwhelmed and happy, I wanted to tell the whole world.
I had hoped I was getting my hopes up. As I mentioned, we never said that was a date, but again, it felt like one. Always hope for the best rather than the worst.

"Okay, so he kissed you?" Elle asked shocked but not in a way she didn't believe me. I think she more than believed me.

"On the cheek." I could still feel his lips on my cheek. I specified.

"Oh. My. God." Alissa spoke suddenly.

"Is it hard to believe?" I asked more scared.

"What? No. We're so happy for you, like seriously." I calmed down.

"I really like him." I blushed, I couldn't look at them, but I knew what their expressions were.

"And he really likes you." Elle said excitedly.

I smiled even more. I pulled out my phone, deciding to text Maya and tell her, as I promised I would, she would eventually ask either way.

"I'm gonna head to bed." I said, I could tell I was still blushing like mad.

"Goodnight." They said at uneven times.

I texted Maya.

me: 'hey. well i'm guessing you want to know how it went.
we walked around central park for hours, talking. then we went for dinner and he walked me home...and he kissed me on the cheek.'

I placed my phone on my bed, turning to go and wash my face in the bathroom when—I don't know if surprisingly or unsurprisingly, Maya immediately texted back.

maya: 'omfg. i'm so jealous right now, that's literally so cute. so when is the next date then?'

I rolled my eyes. It reminded me Robert hadn't text me yet, and I was wishing for one of those 'I hope you got home safe' texts. Or maybe I should text him that, at this point.

me: 'slow down, damn lol. i don't know, he told me he would text me but he hasn't. i sound like a stalker waiting for him to text me when we saw each other like an hour ago.'

maya: 'he's probably so in love with you right now he doesn't know what to say to you.'

I giggled. Could you ever imagine?

14:56pm

A few days had passed. No text. I wasn't upset, I just told myself he was busy. He mentioned that he had auditioned for new roles, and still had more auditions come up. But I wouldn't deny that I was unsatisfied.

"And then I was saying like, oh, I don't want to that idea, right?" Maya was telling me about her ordeal during class earlier. I thought I was listening.

"And he starts getting mad at me—hey?" She called me, waving a hand in-front of my face, I quickly snapped back to reality.

"Sorry, I-uh zoned out." I didn't even realise it.

"It's okay." She was reassuring. "Anyways, we're doing what I said now." She smiled satisfied with herself.

"I think I know to never argue with you now." I joked with her.

We still had one more hour of class to get through, until we could go home.
My phone was face-down on the table, beside my hand. It began to ring. I was nervous, just like every other time this past week, when my phone buzzed. I hoped it was him. And I wasn't nervous because I thought he was mad at me for some reason, but nervous because I liked him.