part ninteen.

"Are you okay?" Maya asked me, her foot slightly nudged mine.

"Yeah." I closed my mouth and played it off, although no one was looking.

"Hm." She licked her bottom lip and stared at me.

I laughed through slight hurt that I wasn't willing to admit to Maya. Really, I had no right to feel betrayed myself. I looked back over to the trailer and Robert wasn't there anymore and neither was Emilia. I'm guessing they had gone back in to finish up. It felt like a weight was immediately put back on my shoulders.
Paul began to gather everyone up again, dividing them or pointing to places they should be.
Maya and I assumed our place, and made our way onto set.

I watched people who went into the trailers earlier make their way to set. Robert followed behind everyone else, he seemed awkward as he tried to find his way between people.
Maya and I were sat in seats behind directors and others.

"Is everyone here and ready?" A man called.

There were joint mumbles in agreement. The directors, and everyone after sat in their assigned seats—something taken seriously.
I shifted in my seat watching the actors fall into place. Robert seemed to still be shuffling around, awkward and misplaced. I looked around at nothing, my eyes sometimes falling on something for longer than I may have wanted.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" Maya whispered to me. "I can cover for you, tell them you had an emergency or were about to puke all over the place." She sort of giggled.

I didn't answer for a moment and before I could, she spoke again. "Is it Robert?"

"Uh, no." I assured before realising I was looking in his direction.

"You know you can always talk to me." Her sentence was final and certain, she wasn't looking for a response which made me uneasy but calm at the same time.

"I know, I'm fine." I was telling the truth now, a wave of relief washed over me suddenly.

She placed her hand on my knee, patting it twice before taking it away. Theo walked over and sat beside Maya. He whispered something in her ear, cautious to previous instructions or common sense to be quiet when filming.
She briefly laughed as a few heads jerked back, her face went blank. Her and Theo stayed silent for the rest of the shoot.

6:05pm

"Hey, are you not coming?" Maya stopped noticing I was walking past her.

"I'm just going to get the car. I left it in a car park behind the bar last night, I suppose you'll be getting a ride from Theo?" I asked her and she smiled.

"Yeah, I'll see you back at the apartment?"

"Like, soon?" I sneakily imposed.

"Yes, soon. He's only giving me a ride back." She emphasised, Theo called her name and she skipped off.

"Be careful." She gracefully called behind her.

I walked off, my arm crossed over my jacket. The first night where it was cold and I hadn't actually realised until now. I walked fast.
The city was still as busy as ever, it never seemed to be quiet. For Monday night, the streets were lively.
The bar wasn't quiet far from the set and I thankfully sighed to myself.