Episode 1

Manik and Nandini are best friends. They are really close. Manik is 10 years old and Nandini is 9 years old. Nandini just found out that she is moving cities and is going to Mumbai and so she is upset because she won't see Manik anymore. Manik doesn't know yet...

"Nandini, come here. Why are u sitting by the lake alone? Come let's play a game," said Manik.

"No, I don't want to play anything, leave me alone," Nandini yelled.

(Manik walks over to her and sits beside her)

"What's the matter Nandu?"

"I'm moving cities," Nandini cries.

"What?! When? You are telling me now. Who am I going to play games with now and do pranks with?" Manik replies.

"We are going now... I have to say bye to you," Nandini says in disappointment.

"Don't worry Nandu, I will come and visit you with my mum. Don't be upset, our friendship will last forever. Manik promise," he replies cheerfully.

Nandini smiles. They both run inside and Nandini says bye to Manik.

********

10 years later... Mumbai.

Nandini dried her hair while walking towards her dressing table. She sat down in front of the mirror and picked up her precious photo frame which had hers and Manik's picture when they were kids. She held it in front of her face and sighed.

"It's been 10 years Manik. Do you remember what you said to me, that you will come to see me but you've not even come once. You haven't even called me. I don't even know what you look like after 10 years. How mean. What kind of friendship is this?"

A teardrop falls on the frame.

"I miss you Manik. It's been 10 years since I moved. A lot has happened in those 10 years. Mom and dad left me. It's just me. I'm by myself. I have no one--" she cries.

"Who said your alone? Who am I then?" Exclaims Navya walking over to her.

"Navya, I didn't mean to say that, I mean.. forget all that. What brings you here?"

Nandini quickly wipes her tears and puts a smile on her face.

"Nandini you can't hide your tears away from me. I'm your best friend. You're thinking about Manik right? I know to make you happy, quickly get ready and come downstairs. It's our first day in college. S.P.A.C.E - The best music and dance college in Mumbai. Do you want us to be late on our first day? No, so quickly get ready. I'm waiting." Navya says.

Nandini smiles and nods her head.

College gate.

As they walk through the gates Navya and Nandini see students dancing.

Navya proudly and confidently says "Nandu, watch your going to be the best singer/dancer in this college."

"Navya what are you saying? Have you seen these people? I mean they're soo good," Nandini replies.

"So...they haven't seen your dancing nor your singing. Nandu you are an amazing dancer/singer. Why don't you accept it? You're talented and you should--"

"Navya, Navya shush, fine I admit I am an alright dancer/singer ok, happy now can you stop your melodramatic speech" Nandini pleads.

"Okay, let's go."

******

Manik moved to Mumbai 7 years ago. He is now the lead singer/dancer of Fab 5.
In Manik's room
Manik is thinking about Nandini. He holds a picture of her when she was a child.

"Where are you Nandini? I miss you. 10 years."

He gets ready and goes to his college.

College.

"Fab 5, Fab 5, Fab 5, Fab 5!!"

"Hi guys, so as always in S.P.A.C.E the music and dance competition is being held but this time only for bands, so get ready and be prepared for the competition as we, Fab 5, will be one of the participating bands," announced Manik. "So watch out."

Nandini walks in with Navya. Everyone stares at her in admiration. Nandini was wearing a floral dress which looked stunning on her. She had her hair in a messy bun and wore diamond studs. She walked past with Navya, not even paying attention to Fab 5. Everyone was shocked. This was the first time someone had ignored Fab 5 and walked off without giving notice to them...