(14)

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

"I am a double agent."

"Yes, why?" Nico continued to poke at his pancakes, not bothering to look up at me before clearing his throat.

"None of your business."

"You're in my house, aren't you?" Rolling my eyes, I took a bite out of mine, chewing slowly while holding a hand up to my mouth.

"You're a bitch."

"Don't call me a bitch." We spoke quickly, spitting our words before both staring into each other's eyes. His stunningly bold eyes only glistened under the slight sunlight that had entered the room.

"Bitch." I placed both my hands down at the side of the table, narrowing my eyes onto his face.

"What are you getting at?"  He took a deep breath before continuing.

"Nothing Sage, I got offered the job so I took it. It would expand my field of experience and it offered more money." I silently nodded my head, looking at his every movement as he continued to eat. He looked stressed and I couldn't pinpoint why.

"Did you know you would be going after my agency?" He glared at me, rolling his eyes before placing both his hands down at the side of the table as well.

"Of course I did. More of a reason to grab the job, yes? It was before I started coming over and we are supposed to hate each other." Nico's words were harsh and it almost felt like a stab to the heart, but he was telling the truth. The truth fucking sucks.

"All of those days where you tried to convince me not to go to work was because you knew?" I didn't know why I brought that up, but I wanted to hear what he had to say.

"God Sage, of course I fucking knew. Can we stop talking about this?" He stood up from his seat, making his way over to the bottle of vodka I had taken away.

"So you used me sexually to make me distracted? Do you even like me?" I didn't know what I was saying.

"Do you hear yourself?" Nico stopped mid sentence, taking a long sip out of the vodka. I was staring to think he was an alcoholic with how much he drinks. "Why the fuck would I not like you if I wanted to distract you?"

I ran my fingers partially through my hair, a rather big knot stopping me from doing so. Looking at him once again, he took another swig.  "Why did you have to use me sexually? That's why you kept on saying 'not right now' or teasing me, am I right?"

Nico paused for quite some time, not bothering to answer my question before bringing the bottle up to his lips once again. I stood up swiftly, snatching the bottle out of his hands before he could drink again. His face contorted into anger.

"Give me back the bottle, Sage."

"Do you have any sense of limits? It's the morning and you already drank like 4 fucking shots." He stepped towards me, but I stepped back in response with the bottle behind my back. I tried to ignore my soreness as well.

"I have a high tolerance." He sounded annoyed.

"You sound like an alcoholic." Silence. I scurried towards a cabinet, shoving the bottle into the storage compartment before shutting the door. Nico stood still, his jaw clenched as he looked at me intensely.

"Look, I'm sorry for being a double agent but it seemed fun at the time. Now I won't be because you blew up my whole fucking facility."

"Good."