(36)

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

"Maybe, why do you care?" Trying to play out Nico's facial expressions, I held my gaze and watched his irritable face turn insane.

"Who's it from?" Nico still squeezed my jaw with jealousy written all over his face. He didn't have any right to be jealous.

"Does it matter? You're going to kill me anyways." I smiled wide, showing all of my teeth as my body weight leaned fowards and he shoved me back.

"Tell me who it's from or I'm not moving this car."

"Are you fucking serious?" I scoffed loudly, making sure he heard every bit of anger seeping from my voice as I folded my arms into my chest and looked out the window.

"I am."

"You have no right to be jealous." Silence. Of course Nico knew I was right. In fact, he was being completely pathetic in this moment. "You know I'm fucking right. Move the goddamn car."

"Sage, look at me." I didn't budge, my eyes watching the street lights around me while I heard Nico shuffle in his seat. Instead of repeating himself, Nico just yanked my hair backwards so that I was staring up at his jaw. Ouch. "I don't want to see another man marking what's mine, do you understand?"

"Quite frankly, I don't understand..." Pushing myself away from Nico's grip, I sat upright once again while adjusting my messed up hair tie. "Please enlighten me."

Nico rolled his eyes before gripping both sides of the wheel and staring into the abyss. "I don't want to argue..."

"The arguing is inevitable Nico, don't you dare start your crap. You ruined everything, not me." My body started to become more heated the more I argued about Nico's stupidity. "I recognized for once, that I should put this person above work... and you still haven't."

"Sage..."

"Now you want me to not kiss another man after you told me you're going to kill me? What are you... a fucking psychopath?" I realized what I had said once the words escaped my mouth, my head begging to pound at the amount of talking I had just done. "Don't answer that. I already know the answer."

Going back into my sulking corner, I shut my eyes and prayed he would just take off and take me home. He's right, I didn't want to argue. More like I just don't want to her his bullshit excuses. Nico isn't in the right state of mind, I can tell you that.

Nico surprisingly started the car, his sigh traveling to my ears before I felt a jolt and we began to take off towards my apartment. Now I wanted him to say something.

My head was spinning as we continued to drive silently. Everything was starting to make absolutely zero sense. I couldn't even come close to telling you what time it was.

"Do you need some water?"

"No." I spoke fast, my head rested against the passenger seat.

Nico threw his water bottle at my shoulder, his eyes still focused on the road in front of him. I've never met someone so bad at understanding boundaries.

Regardless of all the crap I talk, I still took that water bottle and drank it at the speed of light. I couldn't even begin to tell you how undeniably dehydrated I was at the moment. It was just what I needed. He always knew what I needed, that's how he was able to fuck with my mind.

Nico pulled into my apartment complex, my eyes beginning to feel more heavy by the moment. I knew as soon as I felt the comfort of my bed, I was going to be knocked out like a goddamn light.