3¦ Blue

|K E I T H|

"Uhh..." I began very so intelligibly.

Oh my quiznack! I know I said I wish there was a moon to shed some light on our path. But at this very moment I am so glad there was no abundant amount of light.

And the reason is because my cheeks felt like they were burning, due to the blood rushing in them. A blush was probably prominent on my cheeks but Lance couldn't seem to see that as we were draped in darkness.

We were a bit in an awkward position as if like he had put me in a dip particularly as close as to those in partnered dances. I had a hand clunging to his neck and the other was placed to his chest. Lance's hands were on my back and the other on my waist. I saw a look of shock paint on Lance's features which then ended how he held me. Realization also dawned upon me.

We jumped a bit to distance from each other. Awkwardness clearly radiating from the two of us. I turned to face away from him and produced fake coughing noises along with scratching behind my neck and my shoulders as well.

"Watch where you're stepping again Mullet. It was slippery when I crossed it earlier. Don't expect me to catch you again next time you slip." Lance said while clearing his throat, looking at anything but me.

I wanted to say something. I had to reply. But I couldn't find any right words, my heart was still pounding like crazy. My thoughts kept circling back to the memory from just a short while ago. Damn these feelings!

"We should hold hands or something, that way we can catch each other in case one of us slips and might fall again." Lance suggested with reluctance. Even though it was now really dark, the small neon lights on our suits allowed provided little light, I could see he was putting out his hand out for me to take.

I hesitated, my hand was shaking. It was silent between the two of us. Our breathing and the continuous flow of the water beneath us were the only sounds that circled around us. I was feeling nervous yet excited to hold his hand. But....oh quiznack! I clasped our hands together, by the moment I made contact with his I felt him tense then slowly relaxed. Lance intertwined our fingers together. An unintentional gasp escapes past my lips. I could only hope he didn't hear it.

"Come on let's go." he said and turned to continue forward.

"O–Okay..." I breathed out.

And so we walked together, just the two of us crossing through a river hand in hand in the dark. Lance was ahead a bit while I tailed a tad inch from behind him. It was silent as we walked the red water, beneath us it was glowing purple. My thoughts on it was because of the small little blue lights that decorated at the feet of our suits, and with this weird planet having creepy weird ass red water, the two colors clashed together to create the soft purple glow. With my head being so occupied with these thoughts, I regained my focused back to the present as I felt the loss of Lance's hand in mine.

To say that I wasn't upset over the loss of contact would be a lie.

We were now actually standing by the other side of the river. Lance had let go to haul himself up onto the dry land. The water dripped down from his armour. I was still knee deep and walked closer to get out as well. I placed my hands onto the ground to help hoist me up until I heard Lance speak to me.

"Here let me help you." he said all while giving me his hand to take again.

And so there my heart and cheeks were at it, again. I know I have mentioned this already but I am so lucky there's barely any light for us to clearly see each other. I mean my eyes were now fully accustomed to the dark, adjusting to see better. Hopefully the color dusting my cheeks plus the helmet I refuse to take off was enough cover to hide it from Lance's eyes.