4¦ Yellow

|L A N C E|

I looked away from Keith's stupidly adorable smiling face. I mean his stupid face, just stupid, scratch that adorable smile off. Honestly I was really impressed but it pisses me how I couldn't start the fire. But I really shouldn't be mad at him for knowing how to do it. I did saw where he lived, heck we even stayed there for a while waiting for Shiro to wake up. He had a battered up stove that he probably couldn't use well to cook his own food. So it was likely more convenient for him to start his own fire than use his own old dead stove.

I heard him chuckle softly. My head turn back to him to give him a challenging look, daring him to say something that could piss me off further. Keith just turned his back with a smile, he was putting his gloves back on. He had his dagger and was going off to maybe bring his helmet back.

"Hey! Kogane! Where are you going?" I shouted.

"What does it look like? We need something to sleep on. Or would you be honored to use a rock as a pillow?" he said taking his helmet off the ground, bringing it and himself back near the warmth of the fire.

"Actually," I began scratching my head and walked to Blue. I passed by him in which he was giving me a questioning look. "I'd sometimes sleep in Blue, so there's a sleeping bag and a pillow I have stored inside." I said with a sheepish smile.

With Blue unresponsive it was good enough her cockpit was left open for me to go in and go out. Hopefully nothing or no one ransacked the inside while I was gone, but then maybe her particle barrier went up when I was gone, still she refused to show any signs of moving that could help us get out of this planet.

I got inside and went to the storage like room I would enter to first before the control pit. There was a pile of thrown storage boxes and I picked one that I knew hid the sleeping bag and pillow inside. I took both into my arms and went back to Keith outside of Blue. While walking I saw Keith sitting by the blue fire with his back facing me. I stopped and stared for a while. I know it's creepy, okay it might be creepy how I keep staring at Keith more than just I've done today. I had actually been observing him without his knowledge from a while ago. Back when he had been crouching or bending down to reach for a piece of stick off the ground. No one can blame me for staring at his ass!

I gulped recalling how he almost caught me. To tell the truth he actually did caught me but I had turned my head away. I can only hope he thought nothing much of it. I continued to walk, my eyes remaining on Keith and his ridiculous mullet. A thought then struck me so hard in the face.

"Uh...Keith, buddy..." I began when I was near his earshot. "I only have one sleeping bag." I said pushing it in front for him to clearly see.

"So?" Keith deadpanned, not seeing the problem here.

"So? How can you just say 'so'! This is a problem. I only have one sleeping bag. Are we suppose to sleep together in it? Noooope! Nooo! No way!!" I said waving the still folded sleeping bag and pillow around.

"What! No! We are not doing that. I thought we'd take turns, one can sleep first while the other takes first watch." he explained still seated on the ground, his hands twirled his dagger around.

"Oh," was all I managed to say."....ohhhh! Why didn't I think of that! Of course we won't be sleeping side by side together! I would never dream of that to happen!" I said along with a nervous laugh. Cursing in my head mentally.

Keith looked confused and...hurt? I wasn't really sure. He stood up with his dagger and summoned his red bayard out, that I knew he would later form into a sword. Yeesh, it's like he has an obsession with knives or sharp pointy things.