chapter twenty.

2023

"Did-Did you feel tha-" Loki asked as he walked into the bedroom again, the room looked the same except...Wong was in there?

"You-You guys are back-" Wong exclaimed as he looked at Dahlia to Loki, before looking at Dahlia. "That means-" he started before pushing Loki aside to walk past him to contact Doctor Strange.

Loki looked as Wong speedwalked past him, and Loki just looked at Dahlia with the cup of water in his hand, standing there almost taking up the entire doorframe.

"Loki." Dahlia said promptly, looking up at him, with wide eyes. Her eyes were always wide, but it wasn't the same way. It wasn't just her big, dark eyes, they were... surprised? Confused, even?

"What?" He asked, taking a few slightly uncertain steps towards the bed, not closing the door behind him. "We died."

"Pardon?"
"We fucking died, Loki."

Loki looked Dahlia dead in the eyes, before walking up to the bed and handing her the glass of water. "I think you're just tired, Dahl," he said, looking at her like she was seeing things, but still seeming a bit freaked out himself.

"You just asked me if you felt that-You felt it too-Loki, we died!" Dahlia insisted, pushing the blanket off herself, knocking the glass over in the process, and moving to stand up in a rush before quickly realizing she definitely hadn't healed enough for that to not hurt, and it only took a second for her to yelp out and double down, falling to her knees, arms wrapped around her waist, covering the wound.

Loki tried to catch the glass before it spilled, but was too late. He was also too late to catch Dahlia when she fell, but was quickly by her side to help her up, he grabbed her by her shoulders and helped her up, trying to lead her to the bed but she resisted.

"Dahl, you seriously need to la-"
"You're not listening to me." Dahlia said, looking into Loki's eyes with strong determination. "We died."
"We're not dead-" Loki said, as calmly and reassuringly as he could.
"We came back."

Loki was heavily regretting leaving Dahlia to get water at this point.

"What are you on abo-"
"If you would just let me speak you would know!" Dahlia shouted. That was the first time she'd ever shouted at Loki, at least without it being lighthearted. He was taken aback, and she moved his hands from her shoulders, wrapping one arm across her wound before walking slowly to leave the room.

"Dahl, where are you going-" Loki asked as he followed her. She was quick, considering she still had an unhealed stab wound in her abdomen.

"Look-!" Dahlia exclaimed as she'd made it to the stairs, pointing at how they were fixed. Loki looked at her like she was going mental.

"Dahlia, we're in a wizard's house, they would have fixed the stairs by n-"

"Oh my god, Loki-" Dahlia exclaimed again, before forcing herself down the stairs and out the front door, Loki promptly following, only to come outside to see all these people, a lot of them confused, some of them filming. When Dahlia and Loki had been snapped, it had been dark outside, however now, it was bright.

"You're going to hurt yourse-" Loki insisted was he followed Dahlia out of the door, but she was too determined to prove her point to care wether or not the words coming out of her friend's mouth were sensible or not.

"You-!" Dahlia shouted at the first person she saw outside.

It was a grown woman, who seemed particularly startled by Dahlia, probably because she was dressed like an Asgardian and had visible gauze and blood on her.