Comfort

Requested by -anti_social_bitch-

Tonight seems to be one of those eventful and restless nights at 12 grimmauld place. Well, not for everyone but you.

It's been a few weeks since you accepted Remus' offer in The Order's latest meeting.

"y/n, considering your interest, why don't you stay here with Sirius for the rest of summer? I'm sure he'll enjoy your company. right Sirius?" Remus says & nudges his long-haired friend playfully. he seems taken aback as he nearly drops his fork and looks at Remus questioningly.

Remus gestures towards you as you down your drink and look over the table to read his face. finally he nods a few times & smiles sheepishly. "yes y/n, that'd be great."

'is that a blush on his face?' you wonder to yourself.

"oh well, if Mr Black is ok with it, I'll stay." you speak as your eyes flicker between two men before continuing "but, what about my..."

"your parents? I'll let 'em know." Remus cuts you off before finishing your sentence.

"and..."

"yeah, your friends. they'll be arriving in a few weeks." you raise your eyebrow in surprise.

"professor, you seem to have it all planned." you state before letting out an amused laugh, making them laugh along with you.

The crack of thunder, mixed with lightning and heavy rain, only adds extra fear to the intensity of your sleepless night. you curl up in bed & try to shake it off, but the sudden sound of your room's window crashing open, causes you to jerk awake and look around, flustered.

Tears slowly start streaming down your face as you realize the lights in the house are completely out.

Another dreading sound makes you jump to your feet and make your way towards the window, closing it with all your power while you look for your wand.

Giving up disappointedly, you rush towards the door & walk out of the room, blindly looking for Sirius' room & finally approaching it. you knock on his door impatiently without even thinking he might be already asleep.

After about a minute, you hear his sleepy voice from inside the room.

"what? Kreacher is that you again?"

"no no, it's me, y/n. please." you mumble with a shaky voice and a few seconds later his figure appears in the doorframe, already holding his wand & whispering a 'lumos' to have a brighter view.

His hair is neatly combed. 'no matter what time it is. he cares about it a lot' you wonder to yourself before he interrupts you.

"what is it darling? What can i help you with? Oh... are you crying?" his voice is sleepy, but you can feel the concern in every word he says.

"look siri- I mean Mr Black," another flood of tears is forming in your eyes while you try to explain. "It's just... It's just that i had a bad dream and you see, lightning & thunder scared me off. I, I..."

"shh, I'm with you. Come here baby girl." he pulls the door fully open before wrapping his arms around you in a warm embrace. you shyly wrap your own around his waist and allow yourself to let it all out. Nonstop tears staining his shirt as he whispers some sweet words in your ear and gently strokes your hair, trying to calm you.

You stand like that for a few minutes, nearly relaxed and focused on his heartbeat to forget the horrible weather of outside.

Just then, a thought crosses your mind. 'being locked up in Azkaban for 12 years & look how kind & gentle he is. I should be the one to comfort him.'

This only causes you to sob harder. he surprisedly pulls back to look down into your eyes, searching for words until he gives a suggestion.

"y/n you can stay with me, for tonight, if that helps." he asks hesitantly, a glimmer of delight in his eyes as you immediately look up to face him in the feeble light of his wand.

"really?"

He nods beamingly, stepping away to let you in before he closes the door. you stand there awkwardly, not being able to see anything or notice any movements due to the gloom of the room.

A few seconds later the darkness disappears. you look up to see the new source of light. several flaming candles are hanging from the ceiling.
'just like Hogwarts. maybe he misses that a lot.'

"I would normally offer you a drink, but it's not worth the morning's headache. plus, this,"  indicating a book in his hand "works better. come here. I won't bite."

You finally take your eyes off the ceiling to spot him sitting on his bed; his back against the bed frame, one of your favorite books in his right hand and the other hand motioning for you to sit next to him.

You smile and wipe some tears off your face as you shyly make your way to his bed, crawling under the sheets & resting your head on his chest.

your shoulders relax slightly as he pats your left arm assuringly and starts reading the book for you, tells a few jokes and stories about his time at Hogwarts with Remus and so on. You're fully amused by his funny sories that you don't remember how you drift off to a dreamless sleep.

"Sirius? Sirius?"

A familiar voice echoes in your ear and the sound of knocking wakes you up the next morning. realizing Sirius isn't in the bed anymore, you tiredly get up to open the door, coming face to face with a shocked Harry.

You look around nervously, trying to find an excuse to leaeve the situation. "oh hey. didn't know you were arriving toda-"

"honestly y/n? what do you think you're doing in my godfather's room?" he questions amazedly, showing no sign of anger to your surprise.

"oh shit... I, I-"

"hush my boy. you look freaked out. don't go hard on her. she just needed some company last night. what choice better than me?" he states as he approaches you & Harry, a towel wrapped around him as he drys his hair with another one.

'did he really have to take a shower now?' you think to yourself embarrassedly and give him a help-me-i-have-to-go look, all while Harry's eyes flicker confusedly between the two of you.

"well, y/n, i guess Hermione is calling you."

"yeah, yeah. I'm coming Hermione." you stumble out of the room and hurry towards the stairs, only turning your head to thank the long-haired man as he winks at you, with a I've-got-it-handled look on his handsome face.

'i should definitely make his favorite food today...'