11

Halloween.

I didn't dwell on it or let my mind wander into the eerie depths of the holiday.

The memories it held were too painful to embrace, as it was on that haunted night that I lost the ones I held most dear.

So, I tread lightly and steered away from discussing the tricks and treats that surrounded that date, as my heart sought solace in other realms, like Lyra's kingdom.

In the cosy ambience of the Common Room, we found ourselves settled around the rustic, circular wooden table.

Clad in oversized jumpers and comfy pants, we blended seamlessly with the rest of our fellow Slytherins, who were also embracing the laid-back attire—almost like one big pyjama party.

With a playful giggle, Lyra effortlessly demonstrated the art of transfiguration yet again, as she transformed an ordinary spoon into a stunning silver bracelet before my eyes.

"See? It's really not that hard." She chuckled.

With a determined sigh, I steadied my grip on the wand and attempted the transfiguration once more.

I mirrored the brunette's precise movements, hoping this time would be different.

Yet, as the spell took effect, the spoon stubbornly held its bracelet-like form, repeating the pattern of the previous attempts.

Once again, there it was—a spoon masquerading as a bracelet, defying my best efforts to shape it into something more elegant.

"Accept the grade 'dreadful' for Transfiguration, Potter." Malfoy's taunting voice came.

"Busy feeding your own ego again, Malfoy?" I retorted.

My gaze shifted to the blonde standing on my left, who had brazenly placed his hands on the top rail of Lyra's chair, as well as mine.

As fate would have it, even Malfoy found himself reluctantly swept into the spirit of the pyjama party. It was an unexpected sight, seeing him in such casual clothes (plaid pants and a dark green Quidditch jumper), his usually haughty appearance slightly dishevelled.

The brunette, sensing an opportunity to tease Malfoy, chimed in.

"Maybe you can teach her, Malfoy? You're so busy with Amelia anyway." Lyra said, shooting me a sly grin.

Malfoy turned his gaze towards me, his lips curling into a smug smirk. "She'd like it too much." He said, his tone laced with playful superiority. "Wouldn't you, Potter?"

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, right?" I said with a wink.

Suddenly, the Head Girl and Head Boy, with a sense of urgency in their voices, called for everyone's attention.

"We're asking everyone to make their way to the Great Hall immediately. Everyone will sleep there tonight. Stick together on your way and let it happen quickly. By order of Professor Dumbledore." The Head Girl announced, her expression serious.

The atmosphere in the Common Room grew tense as whispers and murmurs spread like wildfire.

Students exchanged concerned glances, trying to make sense of the sudden change in plans.

"What's going on?" A fifth-year student spoke up, voicing the question that was on everyone's mind.

The Head Boy stepped forward to address the room. "Sirius Black—he has been sighted in the castle." He revealed, his voice grave.

As I met Malfoy's eyes, memories of our previous conversations about Sirius Black flooded my mind.

"... Hunt him down myself..."