Comforting you during a panic attack

Word count: 2044
Not edited

[warning; panic attacks, anxiety, self-inflicted pain, mental health issues, very detailed talk about leading into a panic attack ]

If your sensitive towards descriptions of panic attacks (these are based on feelings I've had, but panic attacks variate between each individual) then please do not read. This is very sensitive writing and I don't wish for anything to happen to hurt my viewers. Please make sure to ask yourself if your okay to continue reading, if you aren't sure then please do not read!

Uraraka

You had sunk to your knees under your dorm desk, holding them close to your chest as you rocked back and forth. Uraraka hadn't seen you during lunch, which was odd because every Saturday you both would eat together. She knocked on your door, but no reply. She usually doesn't barge in but she felt like something was wrong. "Y/n.." she called, pushing the door open slowly as she saw you crumpled under the desk. "What happened?" She asked, shutting the door quickly before sinking to her knees in front of you. Arms outstretched to pull you into her chest. You let out a muffled cry into her chest, squeezing your arms around her to get as close as possible. "Should I get a Nurse?" She asks into your hair, but you only choke out a no and hold her tighter. "Alright, we can stay here, take a few breaths with me okay?" She says, pulling your head back so she can stare into your eyes. She coaches you through deep breathing until your able to talk without gasping.

🧶 Yaoyorozu 🧶

She was out for a bit training with a few other girls in your class and she couldn't stop you from starting to slowly chew on your nails. The room was quiet as you heard the clipping of your teeth against your skin, soon you felt a copper-like taste against your tongue. You had chewed against your thumb for a mere 2 minutes, casting it to wound as blood soaked through. You ran your hands through your hair, swaying on your knees into the bed as you grip ahold to steady yourself. Now that your body had clued into the panic, your mind started to close around you. The air left your body just as Momo opened the door. "Princess, what's wrong?" She asks, rushing over as she places a hand onto your wrists to stop you from yanking your hair. "Don't touch me" you snap from your chest, eyes shut as you wait for the feeling to subside. "I don't think that's a good idea, your gonna hurt yourself," she says, trying again to get you to release the hold onto your hair. "Please just stop, you're making it worse," you say, crying through tears as you feel her slowly pull her hands away from your body. After a while, she coaxed you out of the panic attack with words of comfort, asking you if it was okay to touch you. Once you said yes, she pulled you into a hug and held you close to her. "I'm sorry I left, I didn't know" she whispers.

🎸 Jirou 🎸

She had watched as your hand taped against the school desk, your knee hyper-flexing with bounces. You bit at your lip and not in an "oh I'm so horny right now" but in an "oh I don't know what's wrong". The class just dragged on and on, nobody seemed to notice your behaviour that was starting to lead you into a small mental breakdown. The bell rang and you were the first to get up and dash towards the girl's bathroom. Locking yourself in the stall as you sat onto the floor. Your face fell into your hands as you began to count and try to breathe, but that made it worse. You took heavy shallow breaths, hearing the door open to the bathroom as you choked down a sob. "Y/n? You alright?" You heard your girlfriend ask, seeing her feet on the other side of the door. "No" you cry, leaning over to unlock the stall. She opens it, sitting next to you as she runs her fingers through your hair. "It's alright, how about we just breathe for a bit?" She asks, though she wasn't really looking for an answer as she helps you focus back on controlling your breath.