Chapter 4

Din and Rey walked through the crowded areas of the city of Chandrila. They made their way to the Senate building as discreet as possible. They received a few looks from some, but that was because of Din's armor. All they could do was not look at anyone and they could be safe. Even in the New Republic Capitol, there could be someone there who sympathized with the Empire. Rey made sure to keep her head down just in case.

The two arrived at the Senate building, entering the place. Inside was a desk with a receptionist sitting in front of it. She looked up when she saw Din and Rey entered, a confused but friendly look coming on her face. Din could only hope that this woman could be trustworthy.

"What can I do for you?" The woman asked.

"I need to talk to one of the Senators," Din told her. "Senator Leia Organa of Chandrila. It's important."

The woman furrowed her eyebrows, wondering why a Mandalorian wanted to speak to Senator Organa. "Is this about a bounty?" She asked, eyeing Rey. The teen gave her a look, as if telling her to mind her business.

"Something like that," Din simply replied.

"Jaina, it's quite alright," someone said.

Din looked to see another woman enter the room. She wore a white gown with gold decals on the sleeves and skirts. She also had her hair up in braids, looped around head. Din immediately recognized her from the holo picture Cara had showed him.

The woman, Senator Organa, smiled at Din and Rey when she looked over at them. "I sensed you were coming, Din Djarin," she told them, Din furrowing his eyebrows under his helmet. "Let's take this to my office."

Senator Organa led them to the elevator and they went inside. She pressed a button and the elevator began to go up. "How did you know we were coming?" Din asked, receiving a chuckle in response.

"The same way your kid was able to sense my brother coming to save you on Moff Gideon's cruiser," Senator Organa replied. The elevator doors opened and they stepped into her office, the Senator taking a seat at her desk. "I'm not a Jedi, but I can wield the Force just like my brother and my son. And just like this girl right here."

"I was hoping that you would know where your brother is?" Din asked. "Gideon is after the girl, just like he was after Grogu. I need your brother to help protect her. I came to see you, Senator, because a friend told me that you would know."

"Please, call me Leia," Leia told him. "And how do you know that Gideon is after her?"

"I was assigned to capture a bounty of someone who used to work with him and she told me," Din explained. "Then when I went to help Rey on Jakku, Gideon sent his Darktroopers after us."

Leia pressed her lips together when he said this. "If only the Senate would actually listen to me whenever I say that these remnants are threats," she muttered to herself. "Gideon won't stop, even if you do bring Rey to Luke. Do you know what he wants her for?"

"Her blood," Din answered. "Which was why he wanted Grogu too. But I don't know why exactly he wants it."

Leia shook her head in disgust. "I'll have to convince the New Republic to do something about this," she said. "As long as Gideon is out of prison, he will do whatever he can to bring the Empire back, even if that means torturing a child."

Rey shifted uncomfortably in her seat at those words. Din put a hand on her shoulder, reassuring her that he was there. She gave him a small smile, but still felt scared. Din couldn't blame her for feeling that way at all. No child should have to fear for their life like this. Gideon could've killed Grogu that day on the cruiser, which haunted Din to this day. He could still remember how he aimed his blaster at the kid, Din quickly moving to shield him with his armor. If he was one second too late, Grogu would be dead. Now that Grogu was safe, he would make sure that the same thing would never happen to Rey.