Chapter 7

Din and Rey were traveling through lightspeed on the way to Yavin IV. With the tracker successfully off the Razor Crest II, they could get to the planet safely. Though he was glad to finally be going there, Din couldn't help but feel nervous. This was the planet where Skywalker was along with other Jedi he could be teaching. One of those Jedi being Grogu. His ad'ika was there and Din didn't know how to feel about that.

On one hand, Din wanted to see Grogu again. It had been so long since he had to let him go with Skywalker. He wondered if he grew or if there were other changes he had missed. But on the other hand, Din wasn't sure if Skywalker would allow him to see Grogu. He could just take Rey and tell him to leave the planet. Their meeting on Gideon's cruiser was brief, so he didn't know how this one would go. Especially because of what Ahsoka had told him about attachments. Din wanted to see his kid, but he didn't want to get in the way of his training, or even Rey's training.

Another part of Din told him that Grogu may not even remember him, and that thought terrified him.

Rey seemed to sense Din's feelings about the situation, furrowing her eyebrows at him. "You seem nervous," she pointed out, breaking the silence. "Is it about the other kid you protected?"

Din hesitated at her words, but nodded. "A little," he replied. "It's just... it's been a while."

"Are you worried that he won't remember you?" Rey asked. She didn't need a vocal answer; Din shifting in his seat confirmed her suspicions. "I have those same fears when it comes to my parents. That's why I keep my hair in its buns. That way they can recognize me if they were to ever come back. I didn't want to take it out on Chandrila... just in case."

Din turned to look at her, feeling awful for the girl. "I'm sorry about your parents," he told her. "You don't deserve that. But maybe... you can find a home here? Skywalker will take care of you and teach you about your powers. You won't be alone anymore."

"And your kid, Grogu," Rey replied. "He'll remember you. If you protected him and cared for him, he would remember that. I know I always will. Also your Mandalorian helmet will be a distinctive feature."

Din began to feel better at her words. Before he could say anything, a beeping noise went off. "Looks like we're here," he said, pulling them out of hyperspace. They flew above a green and blue planet, Rey leaning forward when she saw the different colors.

The Razor Crest II flew above the trees, Rey staring in wonder at the beauty that surrounded her. "I've never seen this much green in the whole galaxy," she whispered, tears filling in her eyes.

Din glanced over at her, seeing the look of wonder written on her face. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Instead, he let Rey admire the beauty of the planet. Up ahead, Din noticed a large temple above the tree line. He flew over to it, but didn't get too close just in case. He landed the Razor Crest II in the forest nearby, which was close to a lake.

Rey immediately got up from her seat and ran outside. Din followed her out after a few moments, seeing her touch the grass. She had a wide smile on her face as she felt the ground with the palm of her hand. Rey then stood up and stared out at the lake, letting the cool breeze hit her face. Din walked over and stood by her side, looking at the lake as well. The sunbeams reflected off the water, giving it a shimmer of light. Rey reached a hand out with a childlike giggle, as if she could touch it.

"This place is so beautiful," she said to no one in particular. "I never thought that a planet could be this beautiful to look at."

"Yeah..." Din muttered to himself, staring at the lake. "I guess so."

Rey turned her head to him. "I'm sorry," she said to him. "I'm probably annoying you since you've definitely seen more planets than I have. Maybe ones that are more beautiful."