Chapter 19

Rey woke up to the sound of movement in the background. She rubbed her eyes as she sat up, seeing Din grabbing his things and putting it in a bag. The girl furrowed her eyebrows, wondering what was going on. He seemed worried about something, almost uneasy or conflicted. She hoped nothing bad was going on.

"Din?" Rey asked, which made him turn around and look at her. "What's going on?"

"I need to go to Nevarro now," Din explained, going back to packing. "Bo-Katan wants the darksaber now and we need to fight there. I'm going to lose this fight and leave Mandalore to her."

Rey shook her head. "You seriously think that's a good idea?" She asked. "I never met this Bo-Katan, but I don't trust her. You can't lose the darksaber to her."

"Rey, I don't want to become Mand'alor," Din told her. "I'm just a bounty hunter, I'm no leader."

"I don't think you believe that," Rey pointed out. "Bo-Katan lost the darksaber for a reason. It never belonged to her and it never will. It calls to you, which means you are the rightful ruler, not her."

Din sighed and shook his head, a part of him telling himself that she was right. He didn't trust Bo-Katan, especially after she insulted how he followed the way. This was how he was raised and how he was told to follow the Mandalorian path, but she took it and spat on it. Even though he was following the ancient way, it was still important to him. He broke his creed, yet he knew that it wasn't the only way. He didn't feel worthy to have the throne.

"I have to get rid of this thing, Rey," Din finally said, not looking at the girl. "There are just some things that you don't understand."

Rey pressed her lips together, shaking her head. "Then I'm coming with you," she replied. "You will need support after all. Just in case she kicks your ass, which she won't."

"She's going to have to if she wants to win the darksaber," Din said. "And watch your language."

"Never," Rey smirked, getting out of bed.

Din shook his head and he finished packing for his trip. Rey grabbed her weapons and picked up Grogu from his crib. They walked out of their room, making their way outside to get to the Razor Crest II. As they were entering the ship, Din looked behind himself to see Luke there, watching them.

"Luke?" Din questioned, rubbing his arm.

"You're going to fight Bo-Katan, aren't you?" Luke asked, though he already knew the answer to that question.

Din nodded, looking away from him. "She wants the darksaber now," he answered. "And she won't stop until she does have it in her possession."

Luke looked down, but then looked back up with a determined look on his face. "Then I'll be coming with you," he said. Din was about to protest, but the Jedi held up his hand. "You came with me to help me on Ilum. Let me return the favor to you."

Din blushed underneath his helmet and smiled at him. "Come onboard," he told him, motioning for him to enter the ship. Luke did so and Din closed the door.

The Mandalorian then climbed up to the cockpit, taking off from Yavin IV's surface. He clutched the darksaber in his hand, not looking forward to either outcomes of the fight.

...

After a long and silent flight, they finally arrived on Nevarro. Din landed the ship right outside the city, seeing Cara Dune and Greef Karga there to greet them. The four exited the Razor Crest II, smiling at the Marshal and the Magistrate.

Din walked up to Cara and they clasped each other's hands in greeting. "Good to see you again, Djarin," she greeted with a smirk. "That angry Mandalorian is in the office building with her two lackeys, and she is pissed."