Chapter 10

Din stood by the training grounds, watching Luke teach his students. Rey and Grogu were among the students, paying attention to the Jedi. Din listened in on the lesson, wanting to know more about the Force. Earlier was some help in helping him understand, but it seemed so much more complicated than just powers. Din knew that if he was going to learn about the darksaber, he needed to know this as well.

"Remember, a lightsaber is a part of you," Luke told the students. "These are only sticks, but might as well have a little practice with the Force as well. One day, you'll all get your own."

"But these sticks aren't the same as your lightsaber, Master Skywalker," one student named Yue said, who was a blue Twi'lek around Rey's age. "We keep trying, but it won't work."

Luke bit his lip, wondering what he could do to help the students with their lightsaber knowledge. He looked over to where Din was standing, and came up with an idea. "Din, why don't you come over here?" He called out. Din looked over at Luke and slowly walked closer to him and the students. "Why don't we give a demonstration to the kids with a sparring match? I think it can help them more with their forms and fighting skills."

"I doubt it'll be a fair match," Din replied, taking out the darksaber from his belt. "You'll beat me in ten seconds."

Luke laughed at his words. "You're a Mandalorian," he reminded him. "Your kind has killed Jedi before. Not to mention that you're wearing beskar."

"And you killed an entire legion of Darktroopers while I could barely handle one," Din countered.

"So?" Luke asked with a shrug, taking out his lightsaber. "I've never fought a Mandalorian before, besides Boba Fett when he was hunting me down. Maybe you'll be an actual challenge?"

Din smirked underneath his helmet. "Fett will want a few words about that," he joked.

Both Luke and Din ignited their weapons, getting ready for their duel. Rey grinned when she saw their blades, knowing that this would be good. The other students had the same reaction as her. They all were excited to see their master fight a Mandalorian. Although it was just a sparring session, it would still be cool to watch.

"The only rule here is to not use any other weapons that you have," Luke told Din as he got into his stance.

Din was confused by the rule. "Weapons are a part of my religion," he replied. "It's part of my fighting to use multiple weapons at once."

"But using all of your weapons won't help you learn how to use the darksaber," Luke explained. "Also, I don't want to be set on fire by your vambrace, thank you."

"He has a flamethrower in his arm?" Another student named Dax, a human who seemed younger than Rey, questioned with wide eyes.

Rey looked over at him and nodded. "He does. Pretty sure most Mandalorians do, so why wouldn't he?" She replied, Grogu babbling in agreement.

After her statement, Din and Luke began their duel. Din was the first one to make a move, swinging the darksaber down to Luke, who blocked it with his green blade. He parried him, advancing towards him. Din blocked his swings, using both the darksaber and his armor to defend himself. The students all yelled in excitement when they saw Din blocked Luke's lightsaber with his arm. Din then parried Luke and swung again, the two of them locking their blades together.

"I said no use of other weapons," Luke reminded him with a smirk.

"It's beskar," Din countered. "I'd be insane not to use it."

Din then pulled his blade away from Luke's, quickly making an attack. Luke dodged out of the way, doing a flip in the air as he did so. Din advanced towards him, flying on his jetpack, and swinging his blade down when he landed. Luke parried, Din blocking his next attack. He then pushed the Jedi back and swung at him again. Luke was able to block him and jumped over his head, flipping in the air as he did so. Din dodged his incoming attack by going down to the ground and circling around his legs.