letter eighty-three

December 28th, 2000

Dearest Astoria,

It has taken many hours of my day to think of how to write this letter. I've been pacing, contemplating on what to tell you.

I want to be with you forever. I want to wake up every day and see you smiling and I want to make your beautiful face laugh. I want to see yourcandy-colored eyes light up by my words that you seem to love.

I want to make you happy. I want to see you get past your parents. As selfish as it sounds, I want to make your happier than Daphne has ever.

You speak of my descriptive nature, but words cannot describe how much I care for you.

I am past younger Malfoy. I am past him - and this current Draco Malfoy—the messy, weird, and slightly crazy Draco—wants Astoria to be his own.

In short, there is one word that can shorten this all into one four letter word.

Love.

The dictionary definition is "an intense feeling of deep attraction." But I see it more than that. I don't have an attraction to you, I have a feeling of a deep desire to be with your forever. Until my dying breath, I want to see your face.

I want to you to not be a Greengrass anymore. I want you to be a member of the tarnished, messy, messed up, Malfoy family. I want Astoria Malfoy to be written down as the best Astronomer in the history of the Wizarding World.

I want to fix the legacy with you right by my side. I want you to help me heal.

Maybe this is all selfish. Maybe I am just belong irrational, maybe I just am making this all up and mistaking it for longing for a friendship.

But I don't care.

I love you. I love you with every star you will ever study, and for every injury I will ever heal.

Love,

Draco