the final letter

July 21st, 2019

Dear Astoria,

Of all of the terrible people in the world, why was it you that had to die? Why you - the smartest, sweetest, and best person I have ever known - have to die?

It should have been me. The blood curse should have chosen the Malfoy family. It should have been favoring males. Nobody would miss me.

I'm nothing without you, Astoria. Is there any way you could come back? It's been not even twenty-four hours and I'm already sick of this.

I'm crying now. Gosh, why am I crying? I knew, we knew there was a high probability of this happening. We knew, but we still had Scorpius.

Scorpius. Our son. He is my world. Besides you, he is everything to me.

Please forgive me for not ever getting over you. I know you would want to me to find someone else, for my own sake. But nobody could make me satisfied knowing there has never and never will be another Astoria Greengrass Malfoy.

If I could take it away from you, I swear on everything I would. I would die. I would spare myself in just a sliver of a chance that you would live.

Scorpius doesn't have a mom anymore. Gosh, I hear him crying as I write this. I hear Mom taking to him. But she isn't you. How am I supposed to help our son? He's too young...he's only thirteen.

I love him. I love you.

Is there any way you can come back? Come for me, Scorpius, Daphne, Gerald, the feeling you had when Scorpius was placed in your arms, the feeling of saying 'I do' too early at our wedding, the feeling of our first wedding dance, the feeling of our first kiss, what of the feeling of our last?

I heard once that time heals bruises. I'm a Healer, but I have no solution for this. There is no spell, no remedy, no medicine to help me feel okay again.

You were those things to me. You were the things that kept me alive in a time where nothing seemed to matter. I was a broken boy with a more broken past who saw nothing but a broken future.

I thought I was healed. But with your death, I will never be healed.

And why on the 19 year mark of our first date under the stars did you have to die? Fate has always been against me, it seems.

I'm going to our spot tonight. All alone. Then I'll help Scorpius. That's what you would want
me to do.

I love you more than you could ever imagine. I love you. I love you. I love you.

Sincerely,

Draco