wedding

Astoria held onto Gerald —Daphne's husband's— arm tight as she walked down the isle.

It was a small wedding. There was no dramatic decorations, it was all softer materials. On the contrary, her dress was the show. It was long and threaded with many jewels, and it was easily the most breathtaking thing in the room.

But as Draco watched Astoria walk down the isle of flower petals, he did not even notice the showy dress. He was staring at her face. She was hopelessly beautiful. Draco had never been a crier, but tears swelled in his grey eyes.

When she reached the alter, he held her hands tight, like he was afraid to let her go.

"Ladies and gentleman—" the person that was going to marry them began, but Draco did not listen.

He stared at Astoria's eyes. The nostalgic candy, the light that signaled go in the Muggle world, the sweet hue of a green clover, the color of a green grass that one would lie on for a family picnic.

He did not listen until the man asked if Draco the question.

"I do." Draco said without any hesitation. He had never been so sure if anything in his life.

Before the officiator could even ask Astoria, Astoria let out the happiest laugh ever, and said, "I do."

They kissed without even waiting, like it was the first time ever. The claps in the crown were merely background noise. Nothing could get in the way of him and his wife.

"Introducing Mr. And Mrs. Draco Malfoy!"

With those words, they walked down the isle one last time, kicking the flower petals as they went.

•••

Astoria had a lighter dress on for the later parts of the wedding.

Astoria and Draco had their first dance with many family members crying. Mainly Narcissa.

They didn't do anything too extravagant, all that was done was a simple slow dance where all they did was shuffle their feet while being eloped in a hug.

Draco said that he loved Astoria so many times that she thought he was afraid she would forget. To shut him off, she kissed him. 

The rest of the night was absolute chaos.

They danced their hearts out, getting almost drunk on Firewhiskey, having a cake food fight, and finishing it off with Astoria's cousin having to be held back from taking another swing of alcohol in fear that she would pass out.

Astoria did not wish her parents were there. Ignoring the people there, she felt like it was only her and Draco.

Draco was the only thing that mattered to her. They were married, and his eyes light up just by looking at her.

As the end of the night when they were in bed, Draco smiled at his wife and played with a strand of her hair.

"Dear Astoria, know that you are the best thing that had ever happened to me. I love you, my lovely wife."

"Dear Draco, you mean the world to me. Nothing brings me more joy than being with you. I love you, my darling husband."

~~~

A/N:
Okay, so maybe not my BEST writing, but I've never been good at wedding scenes lol.