☆1☆

*° •·*  There once was a bittersweet man, they called him lemonboy...  *° •·*

wilbur:

    "Oh come on!" I groaned, throwing the controller on the ground. Techno laughed at me, sticking his tongue out. "You definitely cheated!"

    "Cheats are for the weak," he replied, tapping the side of his head with his finger. "I'm just better than you." He reached to the table in front of us, grabbing his bottle of water.

    "Round 2?" I offered. Techno nodded, putting his bottle back down. "Go easier on me, I don't waste my time on video games as much as you."

    "It's not wasting your time if you're learning new skills," Techno countered.

    "Yeah? And what skills are you learning from this?" I said, motioning to the TV screen. I stood up from the couch, walking to the kitchen directly connected to the living room.

    "How to be better than you in one more thing," he said, grinning at me.

    "You little-" I interrupted myself, running back to the couch and launching myself on Techno. He shrieked, not expecting me to cannonball towards him. I landed on his back, and I pulled him backwards, making up topple over the top of the couch and onto the floor behind it.

    "Motherf-" Techno started, but I slapped my hand over his mouth. He licked my palm in defense, making me pull away, disgusted.

    "EW, IT LICKED ME!"

    Techno took this opportunity to jump on me, dragging me down, face on the ground.

    We kept wrestling until the sound of someone clearing their throat was heard from the kitchen.

    Techno and I looked at each other with panicked faces. We immediately scrambled off each other, standing side to side with our hands behind our backs. We smiled at Dad, acting as if nothing happened.

    "Boys, stop messing around, I have news," he said. He walked up to us and put his hands on our shoulders, ushering us to the kitchen. Once we sat down at the kitchen island, he continued. "You know how the house across the street has been empty for a while?"

    We nodded. I remember the old woman who used to live there. She was extremely old and wrinkly, not to mention a total jerk. When we first moved in, Dad wanted to introduce himself so that we wouldn't have any issues with her. But, she slammed the door in his face, making him drop the lemon meringue pie he made on her porch, which she forced Techno and I to clean.

    It's easy to say that when she died, we didn't feel that bad.

    Brought back to the present, Dad kept talking. "So, someone new, a new family, moved into that house. They just got here around a half hour ago, and I was hoping you guys could help them with any boxes?"

    Techno and I groaned loudly. Those boxes are gonna be heavy, and I don't wanna break my arms helping some other family that won't even remember my name!

    Dad looked at our tired faces, and sighed. "Alright. You don't have to go, but can you at least pick up all your games and food? I don't wanna come back to a mess."

    "Wait, are you going?" I asked. "To help the neighbors?"

    "I might as well, there's only three of them and two trucks of boxes," he said, walking to the front door. "You boys are welcome to come out and help if you feel like it."