☆6☆

*° •·*  no lyric, just a fun tommy pov *° •·*

tommy:

    I anxiously walked around my room, running through all the thoughts in my head. Today would be my second day of classes, but the first day in which I tried to stay the whole day. Yesterday, on Monday, I simply couldn't bear to walk into that class, full of people who aren't Toby.

    "Tom, come on, we have to leave in 5 minutes!" I heard Mum call from downstairs.

    "Coming!" I shouted back. I ran to my bedroom door, but turned around quickly, grabbing a dark green bandanna from a drawer in my nightstand. I tied it around my collar, making sure it wasn't too tight. I continued to make my way downstairs, carefully skipping two steps at a time.

    I slid into the kitchen, making me realize that I didn't have any shoes on. Sitting on the breakfast table was my father, a plate of toast and eggs in front of him. "Tom, where in god's name are your shoes?"
    "Um.." I pretended to look around, shaking my head. "No clue." I sat in the seat in front of him, staring at my own plate of breakfast, a glass of orange juice next to it. I hurriedly tried to shove as much food in my mouth, earning a disappointed look from my father across the table.

    "Tommy, don't be messy," my mother's voice rang, walking over to me and handing me a napkin. "We have to be at the school by 8, and you can't afford to be late."

    "I know, I know," I reassured. I shoved the toast into my mouth hurriedly, earning another groan from my father. I chuckled at him before chugging my entire glass of orange juice. "Alright, I'm all ready!"

    My mother sighed in relief before grabbing her keys and walking outside to the car. I followed swiftly behind her, making sure to shut the front door. When I went to open the passenger door, though, she quickly stopped me.

    "Nope, you're not old enough to sit in the front seat yet, Tom," she stated, moving my hand away from the door handle.

    I whined, lightly stomping my feet. "C'mon, I'm big now! What's so scary about the front seat, huh? I can handle it!"

    "Just wait until you're a bit older, Tom, then you can sit up front," she said, opening the back door for me. "For now, you can sit in any of the back seats, even the middle one." That, the middle seat, was very special. Typically, I wasn't allowed in the middle seat because my overwhelmingly tall frame blocked my mother's view of the back window, but I'm guessing she's being a bit less strict today.

    I decided not to sit in the middle, though, opting for the seat directly behind her. This way, I could open and play with my DS without her knowing. I chuckled to myself quietly as I slowly pulled out the faded white DS from my backpack, making sure the volume was all the way down.

    "Oh!" My mother exclaimed, making me shove my DS into my bag quickly. It turned out that I did so for nothing, since she wasn't even addressing me. "Look, Wil and his brother are leaving for school!"

    True to her words, Wil and Techno were just now walking down their driveway, bikes in their hands. I didn't bother to ask why they didn't just ride the bikes down the driveway, but I figured that either one of them would explain it to me later.

    "Mum, you know his name is Techno, right?" I asked, wanting to make sure that she hadn't forgotten the name of my new friend.

    "Yes, well, it is a quite obscure name," She muttered away, lowering her volume with every passing word. "Do you think we should offer them a ride to school? Taking a bike seems like lots of work."