11

rain again. it seemed to never stop nowadays. but on the bright side it's been weeks since the war, and l'manberg was getting better each day. new homes were built, new sights were added, and people felt more comfortable declaring themselves a citizen. aurora didn't leave the house much, besides occasionally going to visit quackity, which was quite awkward considering he lived under karls house.

aurora wished it had went differently between them, but even after everything, karl stuck by dream. the boy actively tried to see her, but she declined everytime.

the rain was heavy tonight, worse than usual. cracks of thunder kept aurora up, while the boys somehow slept peacefully. she got up out of bed and went to the window, to watch the rain since she couldn't sleep through it. it was pitch black out, the lightning occasionally lighting up the surrounding area. in a second of light, she could've sworn she saw someone.

"jesus, i need to sleep." she rubbed her eyes, but kept a lookout, just to be safe.

then she saw them more clearly, it was a boy, probably the same age as tubbo, but he was shaking vigorously. she threw on a cloak and ran outside.

"come here, come inside." she ushered him in, immediately drying him off with a towel.

the boy was still shaking, not making eye contact with aurora. she saw his features now, his face was split between black and white, and his eyes were a prominent shade of purple.

"hi there, i'm aurora. what's your name?"

"ranboo." he stuttered out, looking up at her now.

she ruffled his hair with the towel, then draped a blanket around him. sitting down next to him, he flinched at the sudden movement.

"it's okay, i'm not gonna hurt you. you're safe here, ya know? i have two boys about your age that live here."

"where are they?" he asked, perking up immediately.

"they're asleep right now, but you'll meet them in the morning. if you want you could get some sleep, you seem exhausted."

"i think i will." he laid down, cuddling himself into the blanket on aurora's bed.

she turned off her light and walked into the living room, laying down on the couch.

aurora was awaken in the morning by laughs and sunlight. ranboo had been hanging out with tommy and tubbo outside, showing him around. she smiled as the boys handed him a pick axe, but immediately went cold when he did something out of the ordinary.

he broke a piece of cobblestone with his bare hands, in only two hits. the boys seemed shocked as they asked for aurora to come outside. ranboo seemed to have used silk touch, without have any enchanted gear.

"ranboo my love, is it alright if i take you to someone? you could come back to the boys later." she asked, putting on a pair of leather boots.

"i guess that's okay." he smiled and started to follow her.

she led him through forests, through the snow biome and towards a house on top of a hill. it was philzas house, a place she hadn't been to in years.

aurora hadn't spoken to philza since he killed wilbur, but this seemed necessary. she knocked on his door, and he opened it with confusion.

"aurora?" he furrowed his eyebrows, then looked behind her at the boy.

"come in." he stepped aside, shutting the door behind him.

ranboo clung next to aurora, nervous of the new person in front of him.

"he was outside in l'manberg, shaking like crazy in the storm. do you think you could take a look?"

"i can, but i need you to step away for a bit, so i can get him to open up to me." philza gestured to a neighboring room.

"okay. hey, you're safe, he won't hurt you. he helps out all of the children." she smoothed out his hair, and walked away.

she paced back and forth for a bit, ranboo was different. silk touch hands, split face, purple eyes. it was almost like, "stop thinking aurora. you're being irrational." she hit her head and sat down.

phil came out of the room twenty minutes later, a permanent confused look plastered on his face, "he's half enderman. i've never seen anything like this. i have no clue how he can be such a thing."

"that explains why he was shaking in the rain, the silk touch, the eyes." she nodded, her crazy suspicion had somehow been correct.

"it's beyond me, i suggest not taking this to dream. i don't want him to have anymore leverage against you. another child, under your care, could be a huge pawn for him."

"i know. i won't. thank you father." she smiled and waited for ranboo to come outside.

the began their walk back home, the boy had several questions, "who was he?"

"he's our father. me, tommy, tubbo, wilbur, and," she looked down at him, and decided to leave out her eldest brother.

"who's wilbur?"

it stung her a bit, to know that someone was going to grow up in a l'manberg without wil. the man who started it all.

"he was my big brother. he passed away though, but he still lingers around."

"oh, nice." the boy got distracted and went to pick up a flower, which immediately broke in his fingers.

he looked disappointed, it must happen a lot to him.

"when we get home, i'm gonna get you some gloves, so you can actually hold things." he liked that idea.