Flashback

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALMOST 150 READS IM GENUINELY REALLY HAPPY!!! 8)))

•^•

There was silence.

Until Marla spoke.

"Remember when you used to play baseball and I played softball?" -Marla's voice was soft and sounded serious much like their mother's.

"Yeah I sucked and you were the best on your team."  -George laughed at the question.

"The only reason you remember it like that is because that fat kid on your team hit you upside the head with his bat." -Marla responded.

George clicked the top of his mouth with his tongue.

"Oh so that's why my head hurt all the time." -George sounded concerned for his past-self.

(Or however the hell you phrase that)

"Anyway, you were the best on your team. I was pretty good but that one girl always beat me." -Marla was laughing.

"Oh yeah! That blonde chick nam-" -George said.

"Hope." -Marla interrupted him:

"Right, Hope." -George said.

"You know I think I remember her brother being on your team." -Marla said.

George tried to say something but was put to a halt by Marla's statement.

"He kinda looked like that tall blonde guy we met earlier." -Marla said.

George was speechless.

He looked out the window and remembered something from when he was younger.

{Story time folks}

Alright so a little backstory. Ahem, George's family moved to Florida when they were young because of their father's job. George and his siblings were always homeschooled because his mother didn't want them getting bullied because of where they were from. Their mother was never fond of the idea of George playing baseball and Marla playing softball but they talked her into letting them play yada yada. Don't ask me why they're going to high school, they just are.

{Let's rewind a bit shall we}

May 23, 20XX

It was early summer, very late spring. The dandelions and flowers were flowing with the breeze in the outfield of a baseball diamond.

"Alright kids, I'm going to be your coach. You will from here on out address me as Coach Foolish." -The coach said.

The boys at the end of the bench laughed at the name.

Suddenly one of the boys on the other end of the bench yelled at them.

"Hey! Shut up, that's rude." -A young blonde leaned forward and yelled at them.

The boys stopped laughing and glared down at Clay.

"Thank you Clay but please sit down." -The coach said.

George was sitting right next to the taller blonde child. (hehe I can say child now)

{20 minutes pass}

George and Clay were in the dougout for their break.

"That was really cool." -George said to Clay.

"What do you mean?" -Clay asked.

"I- I mean what you said earlier." -George was shy and his voice was quiet.

Clay smiled.

"Oh that was nothing they were just jerks who needed to be taught a lesson." -Clay said proudly as he lifted his head up and closed his eyes.

(Leos am I right)

George laughed quietly.

"You have a nice laugh!" -Clay said, looking at George.

George's face went a light red.

(They're about 9 - 10 here)

"Thank you." -George looked at the ground.

"Why is your face red, did you get sick all of a sudden?" -Clay asked as he put his hand on George's forehead.

George got even more red

"That's gay!" - A boy shouted from outside of the dugout.

Clay looked directly towards the boy.

"What's wrong with that?" -Clay asked, his voice was stern.

"My mommy and daddy say it wrong to be gay!" -Another boy yelled.

Clay took his hand off of George's forehead and stood up walking towards the fence in front of the dougout.

"Well, it's not now shut. up." -Clay asserted, kicking the fence.

The other boys jumped back.

(Woop woop go clay)

He went back to the bench and sat next to George.

"I'm Clay." -He said, putting his hand out.

"George." -George smiled and shook Clay's hand.

George let go.

"U- um we should probably go back out there h- huh?" -George said standing up.

"Right." -Clay stood up next to him.

{rrrrrrrrttttt back to the present}

"Hey losers." -Isaiah said getting inside Marla's car.

"Hey there brat." -Marla said to him.

George laughed.

"Shut up George!" -Isaiah yelled.

George looked back at him and rolled his eyes.

Marla laughed at his quick retort.

"Welp your favorite brother and I have to get ready for this big practice thing going on later." -Marla said to Isaiah.

"Oooooo can I come?" -Isaiah asked Marla.

"Sure I don't see why not." -Marla responded.

"That's awesome!" -Isaiah said jumping up and down in excitement.

"Don't I get a say in this?" -George asked.

"Nope." -Marla and Isaiah both responded.

"You guys are rude." -George said looking back out the window.

Time: 2:45 p.m.

————

*stretches* finally finished chapter five.

I'm so sorry it took so long.

Um so I was bored and added a few little note thingys.

Love y'all <3

-MidnightLeFishie 8)

838
Words