Alternative Ending

Jaebum decided to take Jinyoung on a date to cheer the latter up ever since Mark and Jackson went to China. Nothing special. Just a walk around the town and window shopping. Plus, it's been a while since they went out like that. Back in the day when Jinyoung was still in the hospital when his boyfriend sneaked out of the place almost every night. All that was just a memory now.

"Jinyoung~ why with the long face? You don't like our date?" Jaebum asked.

"No, I like it so much. It's just my friend that I told you before, he still didn't contact me until now. So, it's kinda freaked me out." Jinyoung replied.

"Really? Why did he get so angry though? Should I apologize to him? Should I do something to make him okay with me again?"

"I don't think that would be possible." Jinyoung rubbed the back of his neck.

Jinyoung let out a sigh. The disappearance of Chiko really made him worried. Not to the safety of the fox, he was literally invincible but the bond between them. Jinyoung didn't want their bond to end just like that. Chiko and he have been together for almost 20 years now. Or if Chiko really wanted to end it, at least let them have a proper goodbye.

"It's okay, baby. He eventually will talk to you again. I'm very sure. Now, let focus on our date and have fun!" Jaebum took Jinyoung's hand and brought him to a food truck near them. Of course, Jaebum would find food first.

Jinyoung shrugged and agreed with his boyfriend, maybe he should forget about Chiko for a while and have some quality time with Jaebum. The boy was trying to cheer him up so he should at least show effort. They're on a date after all.

But since the queue at the food truck was a bit long, Jaebum thought of something that would save their time. Jinyoung would buy the food while he went to buy the drinks. Sounded like a good plan.

"Jinyoung, wait in the line while I go buy the drink okay?" and Jinyoung nodded.

Jaebum smiled and they separated their way. He jogged around, looking for a good store that sold some delicious drinks. Jinyoung looked at his phone while waiting for his turn. The line was long actually but he didn't mind that.

Jaebum found a good store and currently was lining up. After a while, he got their drinks and exited the door, heading straight to the previous food truck. He sipped his drinks and Jinyoung's from time to time. The walk took a while for Jaebum to reach the food truck, why suddenly it became this long? He didn't remember going that far. His feet stopped when Jaebum saw Jinyoung was sitting on a bench. Smiling to himself, he ran to the latter.

"Jinyoung, here your drinks. Where's the food?" Jaebum asked when he stood in front of the boy.

Jinyoung raised his head and looked at Jaebum. Letting out a sigh, he patted the space beside him, telling him to sit down. Jaebum followed the order as he handed over the drinks but Jinyoung didn't take it. Instead, he just stared at the crowd.

"It's up to you to believe me or not..." Jinyoung said.

"But I'm not Jinyoung." and Jaebum frowned.

"He's over there." he pointed at Jinyoung who was still lining up in the queue.

Jaebum's eyes widened as he saw two Jinyoung. He looked at Jinyoung beside him as he scooted away a bit, completely shocked.

"Who are you?" Jaebum asked.

"I'm the friend that still didn't contact him." Jinyoung stared at the other Jinyoung in the queue.

"What..." Jaebum couldn't make a sentence.

"Jinyoung calls me Chiko but I go with many names. I'm his... guardian." Chiko introduced himself.