Chapter 30: Grace

My eyes felt heavy as I attempted to rub the sleepiness from them. Beneath me, I felt Colt stir. I lifted my head from his chest to admire his sleeping form. My eyes roamed his face, taking in his handsome features. He had the thickest lashes, the kind women envied and paid good money for, and such sexy, full lips. I ran my hand down the side of his face and traced them. A blush crept on my face as I thought of what those plump lips had done to me.

"If you're planning on taking advantage of me again, I might need some breakfast first." Colt peered open one eye and smiled.

I buried my head in his chest and groaned. "I thought you were sleeping."

"There's only so much sleep a man can get with a very beautiful and very naked woman by his side."

I laughed, playfully hitting his chest. Resting my chin on my hands, I peered up at him.

"Good morning."

"Morning." He lazily ran his hand through my hair and peered over at the clock. "I don't remember the last time I slept in."

I eyed him incredulously. "Eight in the morning is sleeping in?"

"I'm usually up before dawn."

"Ugh, a morning person. I should have known." I woke up around seven usually, but I was never thrilled about it, and I usually required a cup of coffee before I could even think about functioning.

He chuckled. "Last night was...amazing."

I couldn't stop the grin that was forming even if I had wanted to. Because our night together was more than amazing. Like he had said, it was everything. I had never felt that type of connection with someone before. No one had come close to making me feel the way he had in bed; I didn't even know it was possible to be that sexually fulfilled. But it was more than that. What I felt was beyond just physical. It was a fierce connection I felt with my entire soul. Last night had only amplified what was already there. I was desperately hoping he felt the same.

"It really was."

He raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." We stared at one another, both with cheesy grins on our face. He leaned up, and I met his movement so that he could plant a sweet kiss on my lips. He then slid up the headboard so he was sitting up, and I did the same.

"I'm starved. You almost killed me last night."

"Hey! If anything, you took advantage of me. Not the other way around."

"Damn straight, and I'm not complaining. But I need food in me, because I plan to do it again. And then again." He winked. "Would you like to have breakfast with me?"

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"No, because our first date will be a hell of a lot better than breakfast down stairs. But I am asking you to join me on a prelude to a date."

"A prelude to a date?" I chuckled. "Hmm...." I tapped my chin, pretending to mull it over. "I would love to."

He broke out in a wolfish grin, and I almost forgot how to breathe. He kissed me on the forehead and stood up. I admired his naked torso as he pulled on his boxers and pants. He turned around as he began buttoning up his shirt and winked. I smiled shyly from being caught ogling him. It didn't matter how much we had seen of each other, I was still a nervous wreck around him.

"I have a room reserved for me here. I'm gonna go shower and change real quick and then I'll meet you down in the lobby."

"Okay, sounds good. I'm going to freshen up as well. So, can you give me about thirty minutes?"