04

[有记忆的陌生人]
ending. pt1

Park Jimin and CEO Lee Jaehyun's daughter, Lee Jiwoo get married.

i still couldn't believe that they actually got married. it hurts so much, that i had to let someone go so that they could get with someone else.

every time, i'd try to ignore the headlines of the new married couple, i'd come back just to hear it again. i curled up into a ball on the bed and threw my phone across.

i sigh. i couldn't take it anymore, why'd he have to leave me in pain? just why..? is he even hurting as much as i am?

"if you stay in this room all day and moping, of course you're gonna feel like shit."

"i don't care. if i stay single for the rest of my life, so be it. i don't give a damn anymore." i stare at the ceiling. it's all a lie.

"pfft. as if i'd believe that. come on min young." she grabs me by the arms and pulls me up, but i refuse and try to let go. but sadly, she was stronger.

"stop trying to resist. let's go to the beach or the mall or something. anything to get your mind off of things, you deserve it" she gives a small smile.

i rub my head as i feel a head ache coming in. i begin to refuse. "no, i don't want to. just leave me alone." i slowly get up and go to the kitchen and go find medicine for the pain. but i couldn't find it.

taejin comes behind me and quickly finds it. "seriously min young, you need to get out of this house." she frowns at me. i give in

"yea.. yea i know. it's just that.." i paused. "it's just that almost everything reminds me of him. it hurts."

my eyes slowly fall down to the floor. she gives a sad look to me. she runs her hand through her hair. "shit. im sorry."

"well relationships aren't supposed to be happy all the time. they are hard times to see if you're are actually meant for each other and if you love each other ok?" she places her hand on my shoulder.

i could feel tears started to fill my eyes and my cheeks heat up. please. i don't want to cry anymore.

before i could do anything else, she quickly pulls in for a hug and hugs tightly. she rubs my back and rests her chin on my other shoulder. "min young, im here for you always. don't forget it please, ok?" "everything's gonna get better, you just have to put your part in it to make sure it happens because if you don't, don't expect any happiness out of it." i burst out crying.

i don't know where'd i'd be if she wasn't here to comfort me. i'm so grateful to have her with me.

she slowly pulls back, and looks at me

"i promise i'll be here for you. and if i break that promise, you go and slap me or something. but key word, if." she grins. i smile back.

" there you go!" she cheers. she brings out the good in me. "hey, maybe you should go on a blind date." she winks while hugging my shoulder. i laugh while shaking my head.

"i don't know. i mean i just got out of a relationship.. i don't think-" but before i could finish my sentence i could already see her calling someone. my eyed widen.

"WAIT NO!" she hushed me and pushed my down on the couch and went out to the balcony.

'oh great. if i cry when meeting them, she better not blame me.' i cursed in my mind.

"great, i'll tell her." she smiled and came back to me.

"guess who's gonna have a date today." "T-TODAY" she nodded

"taejin! i JUST got out of a heartbreak! i can't do this." i run my hand through my hair. no i can't do this, at least not now.

she sighs, "ya, minyoung! are you just gonna lay here and mope all day until you realize, 'oh wait, i can have fun' but its already too late because you're 50 years old."

i grumbled. she had a point..

groaning, i agree. "fine. fine, what time is it gonna be?" i start rubbing my forehead.

she makes a little nervous laugh "uh in like three hours ish..?"

my face jerks up to her. my eye start twitching and i just close my eyes. "t-three hours. wow" i say to myself.

i get up. "well we don't have much time to waste. come on, i can get ready all by myself. you need to do my makeup as you're the guru of us both." she squeals and runs to me.

"LETS GOOO!!" she grabs my arm and rushes to the bathroom. maybe she's right, it's time for me to finally close a chapter in my life and write another. it's time for me to let go and move on.

i really hope this guy can understand what i'm going through, if i do happen to cry during the date. maybe he'll pity me. "wait, where did you find this person?"

"oh, him? he's like my childhood best friend. before you and jimin were a thing, he had a crush on you for the longest time. but he kind of stopped once he realized you were with jimin." she says all while putting mascara.

i never knew someone liked me other than jimin and this one other guy but i don't think it's who i think it is. "oh.. well who is he?"

"not saying because it'll ruin the whole blind date thing you know? sorry" she gives me a pouty face. i scoff at it and just shake my head. "i swear if it's actually an old man or a teenager, im coming after you. mark my words."

"ohh don't you worry, you'll probably just thank me." she winks. "alright seriously. let's get you dressed."