7: whiipllaaasshhh

Peter stands before Roxy in Spencer the guard's uniform, and when he finishes tucking his shaggy silver hair up into the hat, he spreads his arms wide as if to say 'ta-da!'. "Whatcha think?" He smirks, but his confidence wavers when he catches a glimpse of himself in the reflection of the mirrored elevator walls. He looks like a dickhead. Spencer, who is thoroughly taped to the wall, catches his eye and seems to agree.

"Well, I've always liked a man in uniform," Roxy flirts making the boy ease up again.

"Oh I bet you do," Peter laughs, the fluttering in his stomach a jumbled mix of heist nerves and something else.

Spencer rolls his eyes; he really doesn't get paid enough for this.

The elevator dings, signifying that they've descended another ten floors, and all three occupants look to the screen. Another forty to go.

"So Sundance, huh?" Peter suddenly asks. "I didn't take you for a Western flick gal."

Roxy chuckles. "Yeah, I figured we needed some quick codenames. And that would make me Butch Cassidy, obviously."

"Obviously?" He laughs. "I dunno, Rox. I kinda feel like I'd be Butch, and you can be the Sundance kid. How come you get to be first in the title?" He teases.

Ding!

"What?! You're crazy. I'm the clever and charming leader of the outlaws, and you're the underestimated but insanely talented sharpshooter. Sorry, Pete, I don't make the rules."

"Wow, who's making these super specific rules then?"

Ding!

"Higher powers! Out of my hands, sorry," Roxy lets out a giggle that

"I mean, I guess that means I get to date that pretty schoolteacher, so that's not too bad."

"True. Though personally, I always thought Sundance and Butch had far more chemistry."

And before Peter even has time to process that comment enough to blush, the elevator dings again. This was it. Another ten seconds or so, and they'd be there. Roxy quickly picks the food tray off the ground, and Peter grabs his slightly crumpled sticky note message from his pocket and hands it to her. She slide it under the cover and hands the tray to him.

"Ready?" He asks her quietly.

"Of course," Roxy grins. "Wait-" She reaches up toward him and carefully tucks back a lock of his hair that had slipped out from the hat. "There. Perfect."

Peter's heart is working overtime. Roxy smells like vanilla and cinnamon. He wishes he could see her eyes through her sunglasses. "Thanks," he whispers so that his voice doesn't have the opportunity to betray him with an embarrassing crack.

The elevator dings for the last time, and Roxy quickly moves to the corner out of sight as the doors slowly slide open. "See ya there."

"Not if I see you first." Peter shoots her a quick wink and then begins to slowly make his way down the long hallway. At least a dozen guards line the sides with guns holstered to their sides stare intimidatingly, making the boy wish he had Roxy's endless confidence.

When he finally reaches the end of the hall, a guard enters a code into a keypad and part of the wall slides to the side. Peter takes a breath and walks into the new room where the center of the floor is glass, revealing a small brightly-lit white room below. The door slides closed, and suddenly Roxy is at his side with a hand on the watch that hangs around her neck. He makes a mental note to ask her about the item later.

"There he is," Roxy whispers.

"Yep."

In the cell below them, a man is lying on a cot with his eyes closed. Erik Lehnsherr. Magneto.