2: you literally can't stop me, chuck

"No shit! The Pentagon? Are we going to break into the Pentagon?" Roxy has that glint in her eye that makes the adults in her life weary.

"No, we're breaking into the Pentagon. You're going home to your aunt."

"What! No fair, Charles! Hank! Shouldn't I get to help you?"

Hank starts to stammer out an excuse, but Roxy waves him off. "I could literally freeze time and walk in and out undetected before any of you could even fire a neuron. What are you guys going to do? Show them your feet? Guess what they're thinking?? Or - I can't finish my rant because I don't know what you can do. What can you do, Logan?" She glares at him.

Logan has the sense to not reply. Definitely not because he's intimidated by this child with freaky eyes.

"Because I said so. It's not safe." Charles interrupts in his 'you're wearing me out, Roxy' voice.

"That's bullshit!" She snaps. "Do you at least have a cool heist team? What's the plan? What are the details?"

"The room they're holding him in was built during the Second World War when there was a shortage of steel. So the foundation is pure concrete and sand. No metal." Hank explains.

"He's being held a hundred floors beneath the most heavily guarded building on the planet." Charles summarizes.

"That is such a good heist movie line, Charlie."

"Don't call me Charlie."

"Why's he in there?" Logan asks making Roxy raise an eyebrow.

"I thought you were future man with all the knowledge," Roxy mutters.

"What, Erik forgot to mention?" Charles snickers.

"Uh, JFK." Hank whispers.

Logan raises an eyebrow.

Roxy blinks. "Like the president?"

"What else explains a bullet miraculously curving through the air?" Charles laughs. "Erik's always had a way with guns. Are you sure you want to carry on with this?"

"This is your plan, not mine."

"We don't have any resources to get us in." Hank states.
"Or out." Charles adds. "It's just me and Hank."

"You literally have me. Hello?"

Logan nods, looking thoughtful. "I know a guy. Yeah he'd be a young man now. Grew up outside of DC." He chuckles and glances at Roxy for a moment like the two of them were in on a joke. "He could get into anywhere. I just don't know how the hell we're gonna find him."

Hank glances at Charles hesitantly. "Is Cerebro out of the question?"

Charles just looks down.

"We have a phonebook." Hank suggests and quickly grabs it and hands it to Logan who starts flipping through.

"Um, no. Stop. You're gonna go ask some young man to help you when you have me right here? Who could you possibly be calling that could do this better than me? This is ridiculous. Hank, isn't this ridiculous?"

Charles shoots Hank a look before he can try to flounder up a response. "You're too young, Roxanne. I don't want you getting hurt. Why don't you go home and hang out with your friends?"

"You and Hank are my friends!"

"You can't be friends with men who are thirty years older than you! Right, Hank?"

"Thirty years older than me? How old do you think I am Charles? Ten?!"

Charles pauses. "Fifteen?"

"Fifteen? Fifteen years old? I drive a car, Charles! I turn eighteen in like three weeks! Can you believe this shit, Hank?"
Hank makes an overwhelmed gesture.
"Logan??"

"I thought you were like twenty." Logan states and ignores the subsequent glares from the other two men. Roxy looks elated. "But we're losing time. If they don't want you to come, then whatever. I just found the address though. Maximoff lives at 4352 Robertson Lane."

"Shotgun! And ooh Maximoff? Is he Russian? Is he cute?"

"You're not coming! And no he's not!"

"You literally can't stop me, Chuck."

The telepath sighs, rubbing his face. "Don't call me Chuck."

• • • •

"Here, stop here."

"Where?"

"Just stop here!"

"Alright, Alright."

"Next time I'm driving,"

"Or me!"

"No way in hell."

The group of four walk up the sidewalk to the front door. As Logan knocks, Roxy notices the welcome mat which is scorched down the center.

"What are this guys powers? Because from the looks of it, he gets pretty hot," Roxy states pointing down at the mat. Logan smothers a laugh but doesn't look at her. She narrows her eyes at him. Weirdo.

The door swings open, and a blonde woman stands there. "What's he done now? I'll just write you a check for whatever he took."

Roxy blinks at the familiar line. She could recall Auntie Min ji saying something similar back when Roxy was testing to see what she could get away with (i.e. shoplifting).

"We just need to talk to him." Logan says. The woman nods, looking tired.

"Peter!" She shouts into the house. "The cops are here... again."

Roxy hops into the house after the other. "I can assure you, ma'am, your son is in no trouble," she says in her best professional voice and the smile that tends to convince adults that she's a responsible member of society.

Peter's mom looks at her hard, and Roxy is suddenly aware of her dirty sneakers and weird eyes and slightly chipped tooth and the fact that she possibly looks fifteen. "You're a cop? How old are you?" the woman asks.

"Depends on who you ask." Roxy replies, and Charles sends her an admonishing look over his shoulder. Ms. Maximoff blinks. "Just an intern," Roxy amends and increases her smile intensity. The woman smiles back, though she still looks wary, and walks away into the kitchen.

A blur zips past Roxy out of the corner of her eye, but when she looks over, there's nothing. Weird.

A young girl stands nearby watching them, wearing a flowery sweater, a jeweled plastic tiara with a veil, & holding a silver wand.

"I'm a princess. What're you?" She asks Logan earnestly. He looks down at her as he takes off his sunglasses.

"I'm the Wolverine." Logan answers gruffly. "Where's your brother?"

The little girl points toward the basement door. Logan gives her a small smile before walking past her and down the stairs. Roxy whispers, "I love your tiara!" and follows.

She can hear music playing and what sounds like a serious game of ping pong. But when she reaches the bottom of the stairs, the sight before her takes her breath away.