14. Time Alone

Triton pushed his way through the throng of deities after the adjourned meeting in hopes to make his way to Sophia. Normally, deities couldn't wait to leave the court and get back to their daily lives after the sessions. However, with news of the wood nymphs being attacked and the sealing of Calthea forest, many of his colleagues decided to stay and speak amongst themselves in speculation.

He needed to make sure Sophia didn't hear his monologue in her bedroom yesterday. Most of all, she can't know that he pulled the creep move he hears about in vampire books and movies by watching her sleep. 

Then again, if it worked with mortals, would it work with Sophia?

Scratch that.

Knowing Sophia, she would probably call him a skeezy dirtbag and land a fist right in the middle of his pretty face. And, he doesn't even know how to break it to her that she was the one who summoned him in the first place. He'll cross that bridge when he gets there. But first, he needs to figure out if she realized he was in her bedroom last night. 

"Triton.." He felt his aunt's claws on his arm stopping him in his tracks. From the corner of his eye, he could see Aphrodite leaving their conversation and Sophia in a state of shock. His breathing started to hasten and his agitation grew. 

What in hades did his douche of an aunt say to Sophia? 

One thing he knew from the centuries he's spent time around his aunts, trouble follows wherever they go. He didn't trust either of them, the one that just had a conversation with Sophia, and the one who's standing between him and Sophia. 

"I can't talk right now," Triton reached to pry her talons off his forearm. 

"I may have useful information regarding those missing wood nymphs. I heard Morphius may have been involved." Hera pulled him closer and enunciated the latter.

"He's locked up in Mount Vesuvius and Zeus stripped away his powers, there's no way he left to commit such an act," Triton gritted his teeth at the sound of that bastard's name. He lunged and almost killed him once, and he would do it again despite how much it's against the rules to kill another diety.

"Exactly, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have connections outside of Mount Vesuvius who'll carry out his dirty work for him," Hera continued before loosening her tight grip and waltzing past Triton. 

Horrified at the thought that someone will go after Sophia again, he felt the blood draining from his face and realized there may be an ounce of truth to Hera's words. He made a mental note to look into this when he reconvenes with Eros and Hermes. 

"Triton!" Another familiar called out to Triton. Agitated, he spun around to see who it was and he couldn't wait to tell them to piss off. 

"What?!" Triton growled in irritation. 

"I didn't realize you were in such a bad mood," Sophia crossed her arms and furrowed her brows. His tone of voice definitely matched her mood as well. 

The sight of her raven locks and sunset speckled eyes washed away his frustration. Oh if she only knew how much he wanted to wear her blood-red lipstick. Physically, he yearned to reach out to her and caress every curve on her body. Mentally, he knew he would be turned away immediately and had to behave to get on her good side. 

"Sophia. Diavol." Triton composed himself and gave her an affirming nod.

Diavol perched himself on her right shoulder and bowed at the God of the Seven Seas out of respect. 

"I've been meaning to speak to you," Sophia leaned in Triton who towered over her small stature. 

"Oh?" Triton cocked a brow and crossed his arms in front of his chest for appearances sake. If the other deities knew he's in like with an ex-mortal and softened up to her, there would be hades to raise. Not to mention if word gets out to his dad on vacation, he would probably trap Triton in hades himself.