6. The Book of Fates

"TRITON. YOU. BASTARD." 

The imprint of Sophia's slender finger still lurked on his chest. The incident of what just happened burned into his memories. As much as he wanted to erase it from his mind, he just couldn't dispose of the image of a infuriated Sophia. The slab of marble double doors opened and Triton graced his throne in the Court of Athens where the assembly is held. The court where the outcome of the Trojan War was decided, and where deities come to get the latest gossip. That was probably the only reason why the meetings were even held.

Speaking of gossip. If Triton doesn't avert his eyes from Sophia, Athena would catch on.

"Commencing Athens Court Meeting #3482," Triton cleared his throat. His eyes glanced over the piece of parchment Hermes gave him earlier. "We are to discuss the overpopulation of the mortal world."

"Wellll..if you kept it in your pants this wouldn't have happened," Hera shot a glance at Triton.

Rolling his eyes, Triton bit his lower lip. 'Tell that to your husband. You old hag.'

"I heard that." Hera glared at her nephew once more. Triton cocked an eye at his aunt, she doesn't even belong here. Every single meeting that Hera ever attended ended up in a disaster. During the last meeting, Hades went into overdrive when Hera had a massive fit and almost wiped off the population of North America. Persephone being pregnant was pissed when she found out her husband had to work nights. Not to mention with Hermes and Eros was put on pregnancy duty, in other words, making sure hades doesn't freeze over. They lost their sanity.

What is she even doing here?

Oh right. Zeus is on a business trip.

A business trip.

"Thanatos should clean up the mess." Aphrodite's seductive voice jolted Dionysus up from his throne. Her eyelids drooped halfway as she glanced at her perfectly manicured fingernails. That horny bastard. Triton thanked his lineage for not being able to read minds. Only Hera would know what the hell he's brewing in that dirty mind of his with Aphrodite. "She is the Goddess of Death. Isn't she, Triton?"

Numerous pairs of eyes darted Sophia's way. She sat quietly on her morose throne like a deer in headlights. Her lips parted, but silence arose from her throat. "I..uh.." Sophia fiddled with her thumbs, not knowing what to say.

Say something you bastard.

Help her.

"But--" Triton got cut off before he could utter another word.

"You know Aphrodite. If you didn't cause so many mortals to mate while Thanatos was gone, this wouldn't have happened." Persephone raised her eyebrows, with one hand on her bulging belly and the other on Hades' hand. "Shouldn't this really be your responsibility?" She smiled sweetly.

Triton held back his chuckle. He could see the hairs on Aphrodite practically turn gray. Aphrodite had always been jealous of Persephone. Everyone knows how loyal Hades is to her, and how many mortals, goddesses and nymphs throw themselves at Hades. But instead of being like Zeus, Hades remained by Persephone's side. Aphrodite on the other hand had the lame Hephestus.

No offense Hephestus, I hope you're still making the new conch I asked you to. And if Hera tells you this, she's a lying wench.

"I say Thanatos should clean this mess up. Aphrodite was just doing her job. It wasn't our fault that her grandfather left his position for a mortal." Hera emphasized on the word mortal with disgust. Triton could see Sophia's blood boil. Her fists were clenched together as she gnawed on the inside of her cheeks.