chapter eight

Reluctantly Barton takes off in the Quinjet, going back to Stark. Kai looks at the sky, worried about Natasha as well.

Back on the train, it was moving quickly and it had continued off the tracks.

"Civilians in our path," says Steve. Pietro speeds off and moves all the civilians who were in the way. Steve then turns to Wanda, "Can you stop this thing?"

Wanda nods, she uses her powers and pulls her arms back. The red glow surrounds the bus and herself. They end up stopping it without anyone hurt.

Wanda and Kai run over to Pietro, who was off on the side panting. Wanda reached out to him.

"I'm fine," he raises his hand brushing her off, "I just need to take a minute."

Steve walks up to the kids, "I'm very tempted not to give you one."

"Steve," Kai snaps at him. He raises his eyebrow at her.

"The Cradle," Wanda asks interrupting them, "did you get it?"

"Stark will take care of it," he replies.

She shakes her head, "No, he won't."

"You don't know what you're talking about, Stark's not crazy."

"He will do anything to make things right."

Steve looks at her, then at Kai. He turns around, "Stark, come in. Stark. Anyone on comms?"

Kai looks down and processing what Wanda had just said, "Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it."

"Where do you think he gets that?" Wanda finishes.

Steve turns around, and looks directly at Kai. Both know what their going to have to do. He looks at the twins again, "Come on."

They start making their way back to the rest of the Avengers. Steve led the way, the 3 followed close behind. Kai on the left of Pietro, and Wanda on his right.

Pietro looked at his sister then at Kai, not liking the silence. He smirks and leans closer to her as they continue walking, "So.. not enemies anymore."

She looks up at him, meeting his icy blue eyes. "I guess not," she hums.

"Is this becoming lovers? Or no?" he continues to bug her.

"Pietro," Wanda shoves his shoulder lightly.

Kai looks at Steve, seeing him still walking ahead and not paying attention to them.

"We'll see Sonic," she chuckles lightly.

He raises his eyebrow, "Sonic?"

She laughs a bit more and shakes her head, "It's a movie, and game of this really fast hedgehog."

He nods, humming to himself. He looks at Wanda again who's trying to hold in a laugh as well.

"We're almost there," Steve interrupts them. He looks at Kai giving her a look, she sighs knowing that he actually was paying attention to their conversation.

-

They all arrive at the lab, Steve still leading the way but this time Kai is by his side.

"I'm gonna say this once," Steve's stern voice echos in the room.

Tony snaps back at him, "How about "nonce"?"

"Shut it down!" This time it's Kai who yells at him, clearly more angry than Steve.

"Nope, not gonna happen."