chapter eleven

Kai woke up.

She looked around, she was in a white room and connected to a bunch of wires to monitor her heart beat and breathing. Kai looked to her left seeing her father.

"Pa?" she asks, automatically noticing how dry her own voice is.

"Kai!" he walks closer as she sits up slowly, "Don't ever do that again. This is why I never wanted you on that damn team in the first place. It's too dangerous, and you always do shit without thinking."

Kai stares blankly ahead as her father rambles. She turns her head to him, "Where is Pietro?"

Fury sigh, "he's alive. Thanks to you."

She immediately rips off the wires and stand up, "where is he?"

"Woah woah woah, sit down." He lightly pushes her back down, "You could've died. The city was about to go! Rogers and Barton had to carry the two of you!"

"Where. Is. He."

Fury stares at her for a second before shaking his head, "He's still unconscious.. go get dressed."

-

She bursts into the room her father told her where Pietro was, and sure enough, he was there. Like he had told her, he was unconscious and laying on his back connected to wires just like she had been. Next to him was Wanda, it was obvious she had been crying, her mascara and eyeliner was bled down her face.

As soon as the door opened Wanda looked up, she ran into Kai and the two girls embraced each other. Kai's eyes stayed on Pietro.

Wanda began sobbing again, "T-Thank you... so much, for saving him. I-"

Kai put her hand on the back of her head, holding her closer and allowing her to cry. "How- how is he?"

"He's alive that's all that matters, it's only been a few hours. The nurse said his body just needs rest."

Kai nods then slowly let's go of Wanda and walks beside his bed. She grabbed his hand and watched his still face. She kisses his forehead and sat down on a chair, staying by his side with her hand still glued to his.

Wanda joined her and the girls stayed in silence. Occasionally Wanda would lean her head on Kai's shoulder and the two would comfort each other.

Fury decided it'd be best if he left, it was clear that now wasn't the time to interrogate his daughter.

The two girls ended up falling asleep cuddled together, Wanda's head on Kai's shoulder and Kai's arm around her while her other reached out still holding Pietro's hand.

-

An hour or two passed, the girls stayed asleep and the rest of the Avengers thought it'd be best to let them be.

On the medical bed, Pietro finally wakes up.

He opens his eyes slowly, he looks to his left seeing the computer with his vitals. Then he looks to his right. He sees his twin sister in his girlfriends arms. His eyes follow Kai's arm, that wasn't around Wanda, down to his hand. He smiles.

He squeezes her hand trying to tell them that he's awake.

Honestly he doesn't know how he's awake. He sacrificed himself for Clint and that kid. Is he dead?

Kai eyes squeeze together and a groan comes out of her mouth as she opens them. She looks down at Wanda who's still with her.

"Princessa?" Pietro's dry voice says out loud.