Hitachiin Twins

Disclaimer:

This is not me calling out any fellow writers, I have read some amazing fanfiction over the years that have included the things I'll mention. For me however, I notice there are some things that a lot of new writers don't pick up on. I have been writing fanfiction since my early tweens and in those 8 years I have made so many of these mistakes, and wrote the most corniest fanfiction out there so believe me when I say there is no judgement :)

 I have been writing fanfiction since my early tweens and in those 8 years I have made so many of these mistakes, and wrote the most corniest fanfiction out there so believe me when I say there is no judgement :)

The Hitachiin Twins are a favorite of mine, and I even have ideas in mind for the future that involve the twins. That being said, they are a complicated duo.

A common trope I find with most every Ouran Fanfiction are OC's always being able to tell the twins a part. This is not necessarily a bad thing. On the contrary, I can see why many writers would include this especially if the story involves a twin as a love interest or they are close friends with the OC. 

But I want to implore more writers to make their OC's a little less special. The reason Haruhi is able to tell the twins apart is that she has a deep friendship with them. She opened up their world to her. That is very special. So if your OC isn't particularly close with the twins, they probably wouldn't be able to tell the twins apart. 

Remember, the twins are close friends with everyone in the club and the other hosts can't tell them apart either so this doesn't mean your OC can't be close friends with the twins if they can't tell them apart.

~ Author's Notes ~

If you guys have any questions or suggestions feel free to make them in the comments! I will continue to add to this series as long as people still wish for advice :)

~Shiloh