Chapter 13 - Coming Around

Your POV

That was the weirdest thing I'd ever done. But it was so...perfect.

That's just Leo for you. Everything about him is perfect.

I woke up the next morning feeling sore and exhausted, but I slipped out of bed and left Leo there, softly snoring and pulling the blankets closer around him. I left a tiny kiss on his cheek before going to make breakfast.

My T-phone vibrated right when I made it to the kitchen. I had to think for a moment before remembering that my phone was in my bag on the door. I rushed over and answered, not even bothering to check who it was. "Yeah?"

"Hey, Y/N."

Raph.

"Oh, hey. Is everything okay?" He never called me. Ever. And especially with the way things were going, I didn't expect this at all.

He sighed. "Yeah, I'm good. How's Leo doing?"

I unconsciously thought about last night. "Oh, he's good. Really good."

"You did it, didn't you?"
"Shut up!" I whisper-screamed.

"Oh, man. You did. You did do it! I have to tell everyone!"

"Not Mikey, no!" I pressed my palm against my forehead. "Raph, come on!"

"Kidding, kidding. I don't really care. You guys are engaged anyway, it was bound to happen."

Ugh. At least the old Raph was finally back. He really made a disappearance before.

I held my phone between my shoulder and cheek as I retreated back to the kitchen and opened the fridge for milk and eggs. "Enough of that, please. How are you? Really?"

He paused. "I'm okay. I think I suck, but I'm better than before. Are you guys coming over today?"

"Of course." I took out a bowl and whisk, cracking the eggs and mixing them up with a splash of milk. "I'm just making breakfast, but I imagine we'll be there in an hour or something. Leo's not up yet."

"Okay, cool. Uh, tell him that, uh, I'm....sorry."

"What was that, Raph?"

He groaned. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry. I was wrong for...hurting him. Attacking like that. But I still don't feel great about everything, you know?"

"I get that. Splinter hasn't exactly been inclusive of everyone."

Raph sighed again. "Yeah. I just felt really controlled by him and Leo. I don't really know how to go back to normal with them. I think Leo and I will still be on thin ice for a while. It's hard to deal with this."

I turned on the stove and poured the eggs onto a pan, slowly heating them up. "Just try your best. Do what you can. And be yourself, don't be afraid to be authentic as long as you don't hurt anyone."

"That's fair. Thanks, Y/N."

I smiled. "Anytime. If you ever need to talk, I got you."

"So, nine o'clock? You'll be here?"

"Around that, yeah. See you then."

"Alright. Bye."

I hung up and placed my phone on the counter, finishing up the eggs and starting to scramble them with a fork.

Leo padded into the kitchen, yawning loudly and stretching out. "Good morning."

"Morning, babe."

He walked up to me and kissed my cheek. "You're making eggs! Yay!" That sounded adorable in his tired voice.

"Go sit at the island, I'll be done in a minute." I reached up to grab two plates and set them down on the counter.