Chapter 3

(Part 2 of the crossover with Breezy15772)

So far the group had only landed once to rest. Thalia had to stand up multiple times since then to walk over her dragons back in order to relieve her tense muscles.

The dark blue horizon line was slowly becoming lighter as the sun prepared to rise up from its slumber. Thalia was beginning to envy the sun for its' ability to hide away and rest while she had barely been able to.

She looked to her right, where the two boys were. Noah's red dragon had a serious look in its eyes. Its golden iris almost seemed hostile as it stared ahead towards the horizon line. A soft wind current carried it like all the other dragons, catching beneath the skin of the wing and holding up the beast as it it were as light as a feather.

Devon's dragon was directly behind Noah's. Blue, thin, and big. Its long tail swayed gently to keep itself steady while the wings held on to the current. The soft looking skin fluttered gently. This dragon seemed oddly delicate for someone like Devon.

Avis was asleep in front of Thalia as Fern pushed ahead. Her head frills were down as she coasted through the wind just ahead of Tuuka. 

Thalia sighed and stood up again, walking steadily across her dragon's wing humerus and radius to approach Devon. She passed the vertex where a thumb would be and crouched lower as she continued on, trying to lower her odds of slipping off her dragon and plummeting thousands of feet in to the ocean.

Devons' eyes caught hers as he turned to see what was moving. He moved swiftly, as if her movement so close had snapped him out of an odd trance. His eyes were cloudy but soon brightened with recognition as he realized Thalia was there.

"Hey," She greeted.

"Hi," He smiled.

Thalia sat down on the radius bone of her stormcutter as Devon began to walk his dragon's wing too. Now that they were closer, Thalia could make out a small beauty mark below his nose and his impressively long lashes.

"Are you as bored as I am right now?" She asked with a small laugh.

Devon laughed too, nodding, "We've been flying for hours. I really hope this is the only time we have to do this."

"Try not to think of the fly back then," Thalia laughed, internally dreading the next long flight.

Devon's face scrunched in disgust, "ugh, with a crazy riderless dragon too."

"I wonder how it got all the way out here," she hummed.

"I bet whoever's been stealing them made it fly all the way there so no one could find it again," Devon said.

Thalia's ears perked at the interesting theory, "that....would kind of make sense actually."

Devon looked a little shocked, making her laugh at his expression.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah. I mean, if whoever's doing this has something against the schools or whatever taking a dragon somewhere far away would sure get the place riled up," she explained.

"My friends thought I was crazy for thinking this wasn't an inter-academy prank," Devon said, clearly excited to have his theory validated.

"Seriously?? Dude I just know it's not a student doing this. No one messes with anyone else's dragon," she said.

Devon nodded quickly, "exactly exactly. I don't know really who are why but it's just too out of line for a student."

She nodded in agreement and found herself laughing a little. Devon looked at her curiously.