Chapter two

Knockout was in his room, Megatron was in a fowl mood. Even more so now that he didn't have Starscream to beat on when they lost a fight or a mine. So he stayed locked away with Starscream laying in the crib.

Knockout had to laugh quietly. He had no idea they had Sparkling items in storage, and Soundwave gave him all he'd need for Starscream. Of course it was natural for Soundwave to know about Starscream without anyone telling him.

"Eyes and ears of the Decepticons....comes in handy sometimes" Knockout mused.

Starscream rolled over still recharging. Having been put down for a stasis nap, a plush turbo fox in his tiny arms. Small squeaks escaping as he breathed.

"Cute" Knockout smiled sweetly at him.

Knockout had grown very protective of Starscream, some of the Vehicons found Starscreams situation to be funny. Some found it a chance to try and hurt him. Which he lashed out at them, even Soundwave helped a few times.

Dreadwing found out and offered to try and help if needed. He was given the position of sic again until Starscream could resume work once back to normal. So he found it only fair to help the medic.

Knockout smiled as he had two who would even bother to help him. Lots of mechs always seemed annoyed or aggravated with the seeker. So he was shocked when two came to him telling him they'd help. Though to be honest it wasn't starscreams fault, everyone does things to survive during war.

A squeak made him look at the seeker. Who was now wide awake staring at him. He smiled and picked him up, laughing as Starscream nuzzled his helm against his chest plates.

"Affectionate aren't we?" Knockout cooed at him.

Starscream chirped up at him with a smile. Patting the medics chest plates. I'm his mind he was embarrassed to be acting like he was but he also found it could be useful that he had Knockout as a guardian.

Sure Knockout was a friend, practically his only friend. But maybe while like this he could be more than a friend, maybe a carrier since he was taking such great care of him. Giving him so much attention and love protecting him from anything that posed a threat.

"Let's get you some energon, yeah?" Knockout said leaving the safety of the room.

In the hall Starscream watched drones watch them, and if he to a guess some glared. Knockout just ignored them and made his way to the med bay. Starscream on his hip as he walked. Starscream has his tiny claws in his grill.

"Don't scratch my paint Starscream" he said gently.

Starscream chirped as acknowledgement, still looking behind them. Watching the drones still staring after them.

In the med bay Knockout put the seeker on the desk and went to get some low grade energon and a bottle. Knockout was filling the bottle up when the doors opened, Starscream squeaked at him to turn and look.

"Whoever is here please wait at the doors and stay away from Starscream!" Knockout growled.

"It's only me doctor" Dreadwing said.

"Then your fine" Knockout said as he put the bottle tip back on.

He turned around and walked over, he watched Dreadwing make faces at Starscream who in turn laughed at him.

Picking him up he started to feed Starscream who settled down enough to be fed. Dreadwing smiled as he leaned on the counter and talked with the medic. Telling him he noticed the drones staring after them and some almost started to follow until he stepped behind him.

"Sigh....maybe I should ask Megatron for a bodyguard again" Knockout asked.

"You know I could stay with you until he returns to normal" Dreadwing said.

"You'd do that?! Wouldn't Megatron get upset with you?" Knockout asked with wide optics.

"If he does then I'll just explain, and make it clear it's for both of yours safety" Dreadwing said with a shrug.

"Thank you Dreadwing...oh but, that means moving into one of our rooms. Yours is kinda small for his stuff, and I don't have room for another berth with the crib in the room" Knockout said.

"Who said we needed two berths" Dreadwing smirked.

"........you wanna share my berth?" Knockout asked.

"We could" Dreadwing said.

Both stayed quiet after that. Knockout mentally trying to figure out what to do. If he allowed Dreadwing to move in with him he wouldn't have to worry about anyone trying anything. Seekers were just as protective as any with active parental coding.