Chapter four

Starscream was crawling all over the room. Chirping as he went. Knockout at the desk, reading over some random gibberish from some old book Soundwave had found. He found it funny that both Soundwave and Dreadwing never strayed far if they had all been forced to go out. And whenever Megatron showed up Starscream hid under a berth or counter.

Knockout was thankfully given some time off so Starscream could have some fun instead of always hiding. He threw a plushy at Knockouts helm.

"Hey!" He frowned looking at the doll.

"And why did you throw this at me for?" He asked.

Starscream only chirped with a big smile, clapping his servos. Knockout sighed as he dropped the toy back on the floor. Going back to the book. Only to be hit with a building block.

"OW!" He winced.

Starscream laughed again as he toppled over so he now was rolling trying to get back up.

"Hehehe..." Knockout watched for a minute. Starscream then made a face.

Knockout knew he was gonna start crying, so he rushed over and picked him up. Setting him on his hip as he swayed side to side. Starscream settled down rather quickly.

"All that for attention? Sigh...Sparklings" the medic groaned as he decided to take a walk around the ship.

Knockout spotted Dreadwing and jogged to catch up to him. The big blue seeker smiled down at the medic and saw Starscream dozing off. He gave a small pat to his helm and they both heard Starscream purr.

"How cute" Knockout smiled.

"Seekerlings purr when content and happy" Dreadwing said.

"Is that so? So do you purr?" Knockout asked half joking.

"I try not to...I don't really have a reason to anymore" Dreadwing said as he laid an arm over the medics shoulders.

"....Dreadwing if Starscream never goes back to his old self, I'm thinking of adopting him...but I could use the help, would you maybe wanna be his adopted sire?" Knockout blushed.

"...Sure why not, besides maybe with the two of us he'd be different if he ends up having to regrow again" Dreadwing smiled.

"Thank you Dreadwing" Knockout smiled happily.

(Time skip)

Starscream was chirping up a storm, just refusing to go to recharge for the night. Knockout groaned as he sat up. Dreadwing was out cold, or so he thought when a servo pulled him back to the berth.

"I'll get him, you rest" he said getting up.

"Oh thank you Dreadwing...yawn" knockout laid back down only to give a painful grunt.

"Ow! Starscream" Knockout whined when the seeker hit his abdomen.

"Hehehe he's in a playful mood" Dreadwing laughed.

"Well I'm in a tired mood, and wish to recharge. Please Starscream go to recharge" Knockout said.

Starscream curled up to Knockouts hip. Starting to purr when he felt Dreadwing lay beside them. Then a blanket was over them all.

Knockout sighed as he didn't feel Starscream move anymore. He smiled as he closed his optics, Dreadwing laid on his side facing Knockout and watched him a moment then went back to recharge.

Starscream yawned and crawled onto Knockouts abdomen and curled into a ball. Still purring and settled back down. Knockout groaned, now he couldn't move.

"It's ok Knockout, he'll move" Dreadwing said.

Knockout huffed, but remained still and quiet. Dreadwing moved closer and draped an arm over his midsection likely not realizing he had done so.

(Morning)

Knockout woke up to being held in a tight grip from the large seeker. Dreadwing still out cold only made his hold tighter, Knockout gave a soft grunt as he tried to loosen the hold.

Starscream laid on his side in front of the medic. Knockout didn't know if he should wake the small seeker up or wake Dreadwing.

"Dreadwing...Dreadwing wake up" knockout whispered.

"Five more minutes Skyquake..." Dreadwing said.

"Oh for pits sakes....Dreadwing!" Knockout said louder.

"Mm...oh doctor...oh uh sorry, I did not realize I was holding you" Dreadwing said releasing his hold.

"No worries....but uh we should get ready for our shifts" Knockout said.

"Yeah, should you need us comm us" Dreadwing said making your get up.

Knockout watched him leave the room, then made to get up himself. He gathered Starscream up and left for the med bay. Knockout yelped when he turned the corner to see Soundwave standing there.

"Soundwave, to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" Knockout asked.

"Megatrons voice: Send Knockout to the signal, and make sure he brings whatever it is back so the autobots don't find it!" Soundwave played the clip.

"Lovely" Knockout frowned.