Chapter Three: A Month Before School

Sasha walked into her bedroom and gave a weary smile to Hamish, who was perched on the chair of her table and Destiny laid on her dog bed. Sasha was already in her black nightgown and was ready to go to sleep. She nodded to the slightly opened window, she need to be ready.
As soon as she fell asleep under her covers, Sasha felt something happening to herself. She hardly heard Hamish hooting and flapping his wings frantically, he senses something unusual about to happen to his owner. A warm, magical wave had washed over her. She shifted restlessly and gasped in pain as wolf bite marks on her left arm had begun to radiated. In her mind's eye, there was a big and well-muscled silvery-gray female wolf with turquoise eyes looking back at her.
A golden, ghostly form of a wolf had floated out of Sasha's body and Sasha had became the silvery-gray wolf from her mind's eye. Her human body had stopped struggling within the bed and had relaxed, but Sasha heard her wolf pack's howls in the forest. She was no longer Sasha, she goes by the name Twilight.
Time for nighttime fun, figured Twilight with a smile.
Twilight walked towards the window and leapt down from it without getting injured. She soon ran into the forest. She always has a deep love for the forest, it's like a home away from home, a peace place when Jacob used to have his arguments with their parents in the past, or a place to clear her head from the nasty words being said in the neighborhood. The critters in the forest never judged her for being different or from her brother's past actions, they had accepted her as their own. She was especially welcomed by the local wolf pack.
There seemed to be around thirty or so wolves, all males and females. According to Wolf Pack Law, each wolf pack must have a wolfwalker as the alpha wolf of the pack, and Dawn had became the alpha of the pack when she came of age. Though, it would of been nice to have a few other wolfwalkers in the pack.
Twilight looked around and found the wolf pack in the magical cave behind the waterfall. Golden runes and carvings of the wolfwalkers of the past had lit up as she walked past the rocky and wet wall of the cave. The golden glow had made Twilight's silvery fur extra shiny and her eyes seemed to have flicks of gold in them. She looked and barked excitedly when she saw the wolf pack, Twilight ran towards the wolves and the pack started excitedly greeting her with licks and cuddles.
"Welcome back Alpha Twilight!" Twilight's heart warmed as the wolves had started to greet her excitedly, it almost reminded her of the encounter she had with Rowan, with the similar excitement and friendliness.
A pack of wolves burst into the cave — maybe twenty or thirty wolves. There's also a mix of coyotes and foxes in the mix; Twilight managed to keep track of them all, though her eye was drawn to the eldest dark silver wolf at the front of the pack. There was the co-alpha of the pack when she's away. He had the look of a wise creature greeting a friend. Many of the canines have different colored coats, but Twilight's fur and aura has outlined her as the alpha of the pack.
The eldest wolf regarded her. He didn't exactly speak, but Twilight can understand him. The movements of his ears and whiskers, the flash of his eyes, the way he curled his lips — all of these were part of his language. The language had been passed down to Twilight during her time as a wolfwalker.
"Welcome back Alpha Twilight," greeted the Elder Wolf.
"Thank you, Akela," Twilight said with a grin.
"Maybe you could take the youngsters out for a run?" Akela and Twilight looked at Rama and her eight hyper pups, along with Rama's mate, Raksha, trying to calm the pups down. The other elder wolves were keeping watch on the pups with a few adult wolves. Though, the teenage wolves seemed to be more hyper than the pups and are ready to hit the trails.
"Sure thing, Akela." Twilight raised her head and let a shrill howl that echoed throughout the cave. All of the wolves responded to her call, including the wolf pups.
Twilight soon ran out of the cave with the teenage wolves hot on her tail. Twilight always enjoyed this feeling — with the wind at her back, the moon looming over head, the stars sparkling overhead, the crickets chirping, the trees and grass rustling gently in the breeze, and the soothing sound of pouring rain. She felt truly free from everything, from all of her pains and sorrows. Twilight was so quick and agile, she can be almost mistaken for a flash of moonlight instead a wolf.
They ran through the forest without any situation. They had managed to startled some crows from the fields. They splashed through some streams and getting drenched in the process. They stopped in a small clearing in the forest as a rainstorm had begun to roll into the sky. Twilight lifted her head again, only not to howl this time, but to drink some of the falling rain drops. The wolves started jumping around excitedly, trying to catch the rain before it hits the ground.
Twilight soon saw a rocky hill in the distance with a good sighting of the full moon and her ears perked up excitedly. She looked up at the night sky, the rainstorm had begun to break up. Great, there might be a chance for them to do a Midnight Howl: the Midnight Howl is a wolf party of a sort, where wolves can sing, howl, and befriend at. It's also a place where most wolves probably find their future mates, but Twilight rather not figure that out just yet.
"Come on, let's get to Howling Hill!" barked Twilight.
Twilight led all of the wolves towards Howling Hill. As soon as they had gotten there, some of the wolves had begun to pair up with each other and began sitting with each other on the boulders or on the tips of the hills. Sasha walked up to the highest hill and have the clearest sight of both the moon and stars. She looked down and huffed in pride when she saw all of the wolves surrounding her ledge, they were greeting their soon to-be mates and their siblings or friends.
Twilight looked up at the night sky again, she enjoyed the peace and quiet. Twilight saw the shimmering lake that's reflecting off from the silvery full moon and the sparkling stars. There was a few flashes silver in the dark blue waters, due to the sparkling from the stars. Twilight could hear the sounds of the night: there was the rustling of the trees, the gentle splashing of the lake, the chirping of hidden crickets, the soft hooting of owls, and the gentle sound of the wind.
Twilight took a deep breath, feeling at peace and content for about the first time in years, outside of her home. Twilight was calmed by the peaceful sounds of the night and silvery light from the moon and the stars. Twilight thought she could almost hear the sung lullaby that her mother had sang to Sasha and Jacob when they were little. Twilight think she could still hear her beautiful and peaceful singing in her head. Twilight really longed to hear her voice once again, when her mother wasn't filled with so much grief and guilt from Jacob's disappearance.
Twilight lifted her head toward the midnight sky and released a deep, loving howl.
The clear sound lifted up all of the loving wolf's sorrow over what had transpired. Sasha howled and howled. She was regretful with what her brother had done, and she made sure that she got all her emotions out of their prison inside of her in which they had been contained from the moment she remembered her brother's disappearance anniversary. She and Jacob had been inseparable siblings when they were younger. The most painful thing of it all, Sasha had said nothing to her brother after he had came back home from being expelled and he had ran away from home a week later. It was this fact that truly crushed Sasha. Sasha could remember all the good times she had enjoyed with her brother. She could recall every second they'd spent together; how they had lay next to each other and watched the shooting stars or the moon shine in the night sky; how they had played together by the lake or played games just as well; how they had dared each other to do silly pranks on their family or friends; how there was once a time when Jacob had protected Sasha from a pack of werewolves; they talked about their futures filled with love, joy, and their taste for adventure. When Sasha thought of this, her loving howl increased.
One by one, all of the wolves had started to join her with their howling. Even the coyotes and foxes had started to join in with their howls. The rest of the pack had felt their love for their family and friends as they all started to howl together. Sasha felt something tug at her heart. A gust of wind had blew through her fur after she was done howling. She knew what it was, it was the wind of change and the start of something new. She's going to be in charge of the sudden change, she just knows it.