Chapter One: A Month Before School

Sasha was packing her school supplies into her trunk. Today, she'll be returning to school, but her parents are going to leave to find any clues about the Cursed Vaults and any traces of Jacob after she gets on the train. Sasha was a little unsure, because during her summer vacation, she had explained everything to her parents. Her parents had encouraged to do whatever it takes to find to Jacob and probably break the curses from the Cursed Vaults.
Sasha wasn't sure of what to make of it, but she's overjoyed to see some of her family members. They're planning to see her during Sasha's breaks.
As promised, she had stayed in touch with her best friends throughout her summer vacation. Sasha had done her summer homework as soon as the break had started, so she wouldn't have to worry about it during the break.
As soon as Sasha was done, she heard her Mum called out, "Sasha! We've got a surprise for you!"
Sasha raised an eyebrow, she glanced at both Destiny and Hamish. Destiny barked excitedly before she got out of Sasha's bedroom and raced downstairs at the speed of lightning. Sasha snickered and counted down from three... two... one.
"I said Sasha, not Destiny!" Sasha heard her parents laughing downstairs and Sasha had started laughing just as well. Hamish ruffled his feathers and hooted excitedly, he seemed to be laughing just as well.
Sasha had untied Hamish from the cage, as she offered her wrist to her owl, her owl had landed on her shoulder instead of her wrist. His claws were gently pinching her skin, but she had gotten used to it. She looked so her owl for a while before she rolled her eyes and started walking downstairs.
Sasha smiled when she saw her mum and dad, but she was confused when she saw a box on the table. She heard a bit of rustling coming from inside of the box.
"Mum, Dad." Sasha looked at the box in confusion and curiosity. "What do you have there?"
"We decided to give you an early birthday present," said Mum with a bright smile.
"Really?" When Sasha's birthday comes around, it's when she's at school. She doesn't really want to admit it to her classmates, she tends to get embarrassed about it. She doesn't want her friends to create a fuss over her birthday.
"Really," confirmed Dad with a nod. "You're aloud to take her to school with you."
Sasha looked into the box and was stunned to see what her gift was. It was a beautiful half-grown female kitten. The cat was both slender and sleek, she's a pale silver and white tabby. She has white paws, a white belly and face, white splotches on her pelt, and her eyes are dark blue as the nighttime sky.
"She's beautiful." Sasha hugged both of her smiling parents. "Thanks Mum and Dad."
"You're welcome my dear," said Mum with a smile.
"What are you going to name her?" Dad asked.
Sasha looked down at her new pet cat, who was purring as Sasha started petting her cat between the ears and down to her neck. Sasha noticed that her cat's pelt is in the same silvery-blue shade as the pale blue moon itself, while her eyes are big and blue like pair of deep blue sapphires.
"Elsa." The name had came out of Sasha much quicker than she expected. "I shall name her Elsa."
Elsa meowed and licked Sasha's fingers, her tongue felt like a wet and yet scratchy sandpaper on her fingers. But Sasha chuckled quietly, she sensed that her lovely feline likes her new name. Sasha opened up her arms and Elsa jumped right into her arms, Elsa started rubbing and purring against Sasha's chest and Sasha started gently hugging Elsa.
"I love her, thanks Mum and Dad." The two of them both watched as Sasha carried Elsa upstairs with both Destiny and Hamish behind them.
                     🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Sasha and her pets were all in the forest together. Sasha was playing and talking with some of the wolves. Hamish was hooting and gliding overhead, while Destiny was playing with Elsa and Sasha's wolf pack. But Sasha soon sensed a new presence in the forest, it was as if the person was another fellow wolfwalker. But it was unlikely, Sasha thought she was one of the few rare wolfwalkers in London.
Sasha quickly told her pack where she was going at the moment. Hamish flew overhead as he followed her, while Destiny and Elsa both ran by Sasha's heels. Sasha had slipped through the lowest branches easily as she entered the clearing with a huge, willow tree in the center of the field.
Sasha's hearing perked up when she had heard the soft sound of sobbing. She felt a wave of sympathy for the person, as she looked around for the person, she accidentally stepped on a branch.
She heard a snuffling sound from the roots of the willow tree and a teenage boy's voice had cried out harshly, "Leave me alone! Nobody wants to see me!"
Sasha felt stun with both anger and empathy. He's probably in the similar situation that Sasha is in: being shunned by the neighbors for her brother's past actions and had been picked on the neighborhood bullies for being "different." The neighborhood bullies must be at it again and the boy here must of been the unlucky victim.
"Well, I want to see you!" Sasha looked down at the medium-sized hole that's dug in between the tree's roots. "I know wants it's like to be shunned and bullied mate. I want to help you, but I can't do it if I can't see you."
The teenage boy had fell silent for a while, but Sasha soon heard a bit more snuffling from the den. Sasha soon saw the shadow of the boy and started backing as she realized that he was coming out of hiding. He got out of the den and started brushing the dirt off of himself.
He had a pale complexion, tousled black hair, and dark brown eyes like melted chocolate. He was dressed in black jeans, combat boots, a ripped black T-shirt, and a black leather jacket that suited him quite nicely. He was tall and lean, his ears stuck out a bit, and he wore a silver chain around his neck. But Sasha was stunned to see such nasty red scars and gashes on his face, chest, arms, and legs. His brown eyes were slightly red and filled with such sadness that it broke Sasha's heart, tear streaks had went down his cheeks. Sasha never had seen such a upsetting sight before.
His eyes became dull and his knees had began to buckle, Sasha had managed to catch him before he could collapsed onto the ground. Sasha had slung his arm over her shoulder and gently slipped her left arm onto his side as he leaned against her. Sasha walked carefully with the limping boy by her side. They had stopped a few times for Sasha to clean out the scars with some clean water and used some bandages to put some pressure on the scars. Sasha's pets stayed close by as they walked back to Sasha's house.
As soon as they had arrived, Sasha's parents had became worried about the boy and started caring for him. Sasha explained the situation with the best of her efforts, but she was equally as confused as her parents.
Sasha had went up to her bedroom and cleaned out the boy's blood from her skin. After she changed her clothes, Sasha had went to the guestroom and watched as the boy started waking up. He looked around the room for a while before his gaze rested on Sasha. She felt herself blushing before she looked back at him, his gaze was still mournful, but he looked at her curiously. Most of his chest and arms was bandaged and was in dressed in white night clothes and his scars had been taken care with some healing magic, Sasha still felt a little embarrassed, but she had gotten used to Jacob's accidents before the "tampering-with-stupid-Cursed-Vaults" had happened.
"Are you going to be okay?" asked Sasha as she leaned against the doorframe.
"I think so," the boy said a little hoarsely. "They had placed me under bedrest and they're much better than my father."
Sasha walked towards him and placed a gentle hand on top of the boy's hand. He seemed surprised, but he smiled at her a little shyly.
"What's your name mate?" Sasha asked him.
"My name is Nicholas di Angelo, but you can call me Nich," he said with a small smile. He soon looked at her curiously. "What's your name?"
"My name is Sasha Liliana Jackson," said Sasha quietly, half expecting for him to loose his temper on her. But instead Nich's eyes widened and said excitedly, "Really?! I mean... Wow! I've heard you and your friends had stopped cursed ice from spreading throughout Hogwarts, is it true?"
Sasha smirked before she replied snarky, "Well, the castle's still standing, isn't it?" Sasha looked at Nicholas curiously. "Are you from Hogwarts too, mate?"
"Yup." Nicholas nodded with a slight smile. "I'm in Gryffindor."
"And I'm in Ravenclaw," said Sasha with a smile. "It's going to be my second year there."
"I'm in my third year there." But Nich soon frowned and looked over Sasha, she soon looked over her shoulder and saw her parents with some Aurors (don't ask, her parents know them).
"Sasha," said Dad grimly. "The Aurors and officers has to ask Nicholas some questions. You'll have to wait in your room till it's done."
Sasha frowned and looked up to meet Nich's eyes. Sasha could see he was absolutely terrified about his situation and was in a frail state, he looked like a little boy lost in the dark and needs moral support. Sasha gently squeezed his hand and gave him a gentle hug before she pulled back from him and met his eyes.
"When it's done, I'll come back to check on you," said Sasha with a small smile. "I promise. Just remember that you're braver than you take credit for." Nicholas cracked a smile at Sasha's gentle, but encouraging words.
Sasha nodded to Nicholas before she walked out of the room, while eyeing the Aurors and officers warily. She waited patiently in her room and was gently petting her pets in her room. Bella whimpered and laid her head on Sasha's lap, Hamish hooted softly and stood by Sasha's other side, and she was cradling Elsa in her arms and her pet cat was purring softly and gently rubbed her head against Sasha's chest.
Sasha felt a ball of nerves form within her stomach, she was worried about Nicholas. Sure, she barely she knew Nicholas, but she doesn't like seeing those scars marked on him, both emotionally and physically. She sympathizes and empathizes Nicholas, she knew too well what it was like to be bullied and neglected by the neighbors.
"Sasha." She looked up and saw her Mum standing there with a worried expression. "I think Nicholas could use your company right now."
Sasha nodded and gently put Elsa down before she went back to Nich's bedroom. She heard the sound of quiet sobbing coming from Nich's bedroom. Sasha gulped and looked through the crack of the doorway, she was surprised to see Nich's belongings and his barn owl inside the bedroom. Nich had returned to his crying, his face was halfway covered by his hands as he tried to hide his tears. Sasha felt her heart shattered, she finally recognizes what type of sadness this was: it was raw grief.
Sasha had been through that type of grief twice: The first time was when Aunt Lily and Uncle James Potter had both past away in a desperate attempt of saving their son from He-Should-Not-Be-Named. The second time was when Jacob had disappeared, she had cried herself to sleep and as a wolf, she'd had howled her sorrows hoarse. Sasha shook off her emotional scars, she'd been trying hiding her pain for years. If she doesn't, she'll become vulnerable enough for a group of bullies to pick on her without hesitation.
Sasha opened the door halfway and whispered, "Nicholas?"
Nicholas looked up and saw Sasha, he tried to wipe away his tears. Sasha cautiously entered the room and noticed that he still seemed to be in the middle of grieving.
"Are you okay?" whispered Sasha as she brought a chair to sit by Nich's bedside.
"I-I will be," Nicholas rasped hoarsely.
Sasha wasn't sure if she wanted to ask why Nicholas was grieving, she doesn't want to pry on something personal. Including on a boy she had just met earlier today.
"You're curious of why I was grieving." Nich's statement made Sasha jumped in place and started flushing with embarrassment. But she nodded, still looking unsure. Nicholas cracked a small smile as Sasha slipped her hands into Nich's his. "My father was a terrible man. He-He had beat me a lot if annoyed or angered and he barely spent any time with me or my mum. He and Mum had been arguing almost everyday. But last week he was especially angry, because I accidentally did some accidental magic to his precious wine and magazines." Nicholas gave inward shudder and Sasha had placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, calming him down from his slight shuddering. "He whipped me and started yelling at me." Nicholas shuddered as he started crying, Sasha gently wiped a few stray tears from his face. "My mum had saw this as soon as she came into the room. She had pulled him away from me and the two of them had started fighting with jinxes and curses. But then..." Nicholas choked back on a sob, filled with both desperation and broken love. Sasha slipped her arm over his shoulders and tried to give me bedridden hug. "He killed her. That MONSTER of a father had killed my mum!!!" Nicholas sat up and returned to grieving, Sasha sat on his bed and pulled him up into a embrace. Nicholas returned the hug and started crying onto her shoulder.
Sasha gently rubbed his back, careful of not disturbing his scars marked on his back. She started shushing him and humming that her mum and brother had used to hum to her when she was little when she was upset.
"People keep telling me it gets easier," whispered Nicholas. "But it never really does, does it?"
"I'm afraid not." Sasha shook her head with a sad smile as she pulled back from the hug. "I miss my brother and godmother so much that I did everything I could to make sure I never forget them. Every day I'd go to the forest where we used to play and watch as nature change around me. I've done it over and over again. Many people thought I was becoming loco, but I just wanted to keep my memories of them alive." The two of them both met each other's eyes with sad smiles.
But Nicholas looked up, his eyes regained newly unshed tears. He sighed before he said, "But I'm more different than you realize Sasha. I'm a nightmare and an outcast to most."
"I don't think that," said Sasha. "You're both kind and brave. You're much kinder and braver than you realize. Besides, you're not alone my brother."
"Sasha," started Nicholas.
But as he looked at her, he was stunned to see Sasha was pulling back her left sleeve of her long-sleeved blue shirt. But there on her once-flawless, golden tanned skin were eight scars from a wolf: there's six bite marks on the top of her arm and six bite marks on the bottom of her arm. Though, that's not the only strange thing about her scars. It was the fact that her scars were glowing in a faint, but powerful golden light.
Sasha smiled at Nicholas, who seemed pretty stunned to the underestimate. Nicholas shook of his shock expression before he gently started tracing the scars. The golden light reflected in both her and Nich's eyes, their eyes looked like they were in same shade of gold and more wolf-like. Sasha had finally gotten her wish come true: she had finally found another wolfwalker without bitting anyone. By the look on his expression, Nicholas also looked like he had finally gotten his wish come true.
He sat up and pulled Sasha into a hug, she returned the hug. The two of them both smiled at each other, they had finally an alpha and beta for their pack.